Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Manny Garcia

Prayers for Manny Garcia

Mannyís having heart problems and is currently in the hospital. Below is an update from Kristina his daughter!

Letís send prayers his way for a speedy and full recovery!

Bart

Hi Bart, dad is somewhat stable. Three of his major arteries are blocked; hence a triple bypass surgery is needed. However, he has also developed congestive heart failure (CHF). This CHF causes a fluid buildup around his lungs and heart.

The treatment of CHF puts a tremendous amount of strain on dadís kidneys so he is at risk of renal disease and kidney failure. The heart surgeons decided they cannot do the triple bypass surgery in dadís current condition. They need his renal function to improve and his heart to become a little stronger.

What makes dadís situation so difficult is that the treatment/meds to improve his kidney situation negatively affect the treatment for CHF and blocked arteries. The ďbalancing actĒ for these treatments is fragile and very scary.

I am staying with him at the hospital throughout the nights. Nights are pretty difficult for him. The CHF makes it so hard for him to breath so he is on oxygen 24/7. He is not able to rest comfortably so he is always so exhausted. Even talking for more than 5-10 minutes really takes a toll on him so that is frustrating him as he is unable to have any real conversation with us or the doctors.

He does a good job of keeping a smile on his face for us but the strain heís going through canít be overshadowed by a smile.

Please keep him in your prayers. I will continue to update you and would appreciate if you can update the rest of ďthe crew.Ē

Thank you for checking in with me. Hugs, Kristina

Hugs

Good luck

Manny hang in there i had that trouble to hf

We will keep Manny and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

John

Praying for Manny, give him my best and thinking of you and the family.

Dan Honert

Manny is a great man, we have a lot of real good men in our game, but Manny is a great man. I'll be praying for him.

Come on MANNY! or your kids, with out you there is no Benchrest. Will see you in May.
    Bill

Praying for you Manny

Hang in there buddy, Gods speed....

Milt Craven

Get well soon Manny! All your friends have you in their thoughts and prayers!!

Manny has been there for so many of us over the years. At Mannyís sick call at matches heís literally treated thousands of shooters( of course no charge). Manny is the kindest, gentlest and most caring human being Iíve ever known. Like Charlie said, there are a lot of good men in Benchrest, but Manny is a great man!

We are all praying for you! I know we will see you and the kids at the Super Shoot!

Love ya
    Bart
    Last edited by Bart; 12-30-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Kristina, your dad and Clarence Hammond were the first two guys my wife, Dee, and I met on our first trip to Dublin -- and it was a joy to meet both of them. We also enjoyed visiting with your dad, and meeting you, at some subsequent Super Shoots.

Your dad is a GOOD man! Dee and I will be praying for his full and speedy recovery.

Will keep Manny in our thoughts and prayers.

Just to know, how old is Manny?

Prayers for Manny

Prayers go out and up for Manny.
    Manny is one of the first shooters I met in 2009.
    He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
    I hope Manny and his family have a complete recovery from this sickness.

God bless ; Grimey
    Scotty Grimes

May God bless and heal you my friend as you have healed thousands.

Kristina, let him know we are praying for him and you, Danny and Dr. Pancho.

I, like so many in the BR community, have been treated by Dr. Manny. He is very compassionate and skilled doctor and is always willing to help fellow shooters. My prayers are with him during this time. Get well soon Dr. Manny. James Mock

Wow, very sorry to hear of Manny's condition. He is The Benchrest Doc. I saw him help many shooters at the range. A very giving man. Prayers that he will pull through.

Jeff