Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jumping Back In?!

Bag squeezers

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    I believe the Bald Eagle is less than $200 now.
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/Bal...st-Iron/BE1152

Looks like bag squeezers are getting rare Jackie. I been checking equipment lists and looks like nearly everyone is using a joystick type rest. Obviously much faster gun recovery back on target. Run down to sighter and back up without moving rear bag? Its obvious that the newer shooter is moving fast on the bench and then running and gunning a condition? I like the looks of the new Sinclair competition rest but have never tried one. Ive decided to hold off until spring/summer before buying a rig to get serious about. I have a blueprinted 700 on an older McMillan stock and two barrels that Im going to shoot down in Galesburg Il this year.
    Id like to shoot a 30br as I know it isn't fussy and will shoot very well without constant tuning. Did you ever get a handle on your 30br shooting for group in LV? 18 twist and maybe 112 grers? 118's? The 6ppc is a PITA but I believe 13 twist barrels would tame some of that out of it.

Wallydog

Quote Originally Posted by WallyDog View Post
    Looks like bag squeezers are getting rare Jackie. I been checking equipment lists and looks like nearly everyone is using a joystick type rest. Obviously much faster gun recovery back on target. Run down to sighter and back up without moving rear bag? Its obvious that the newer shooter is moving fast on the bench and then running and gunning a condition? I like the looks of the new Sinclair competition rest but have never tried one. Ive decided to hold off until spring/summer before buying a rig to get serious about. I have a blueprinted 700 on an older McMillan stock and two barrels that Im going to shoot down in Galesburg Il this year.
    Id like to shoot a 30br as I know it isn't fussy and will shoot very well without constant tuning. Did you ever get a handle on your 30br shooting for group in LV? 18 twist and maybe 112 grers? 118's? The 6ppc is a PITA but I believe 13 twist barrels would tame some of that out of it.

Wallydog
    You might try this.

http://shadetreeea.com/products/shad...shooting-rest/

Believe what you want to believe...but for the 6PPC get a 14 twist and hope it's a good one.

Listen to Wilbur. He has been around the block and hasn't fallen off the turnip truck yet.

Ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Believe what you want to believe...but for the 6PPC get a 14 twist and hope it's a good one.
    It's all about how good the bbl is way more than the twist(within reason)
    I have shot alot of different twist rates and it really does not matter that much. I do believe though the slowest twist you can use shoots a little smaller than a faster one. But I would take a hummer 13 over a good 14 any day

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It's all about how good the bbl is way more than the twist(within reason)
    I have shot alot of different twist rates and it really does not matter that much. I do believe though the slowest twist you can use shoots a little smaller than a faster one. But I would take a hummer 13 over a good 14 any day

Richard

I understand Richard, but how would you know which is the "hummer"?

Ahhh!!

Butch, now your making it tough on me!! I guess for me if both shoot equally small but one bbl gives a little more in the conditions that what I'll take. I have had barrels that would shoot dots with no conditions but were not that good in the wind. Also the other way, shot decent in no condition but would shoot great 200 yd aggs in the wind.
    I really have no answer except shoot the darn thing and it will tell you!!
    Richard