Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts men on scope for varmint rifle

Nothing better than taking someone prairie dog shooting and watching them on those 300 yard "...best left for the kids to plink at offhand" shots.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Nothing better than taking someone prairie dog shooting and watching them on those 300 yard "...best left for the kids to plink at offhand" shots.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is." -Yogi Berra
    "Taking someone shooting" being the key there hey... it's ALL righteous for the guy who's never fired hiss gunn under thee Big Sky

but for me and mine it's short stuff.... or "driveby's"

I don't think I own a rig that doesn't have 22 casings inside the dash.....

And after hours of one-handed (weak hand in my case) pistol-out-the-window one gains a certain sufficiency otherwise unattainable...

Thumbs up Al...........and Al.......

You guys cause me to recall old memories of my first PD trips to the Texas high plains, in the early 1990's.

My old hunting/fishing/gun show pal and I would, in the early years, "spot" for one another. Talk about FUN!!!......between truths, half-truths, and outright LIES......about what was happening downrange......we had a great time afield.

Sadly....Larry passed about 8 years ago......but those great times will always stay with me.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gullette View Post
    You guys cause me to recall old memories of my first PD trips to the Texas high plains, in the early 1990's.

My old hunting/fishing/gun show pal and I would, in the early years, "spot" for one another. Talk about FUN!!!......between truths, half-truths, and outright LIES......about what was happening downrange......we had a great time afield.

Sadly....Larry passed about 8 years ago......but those great times will always stay with me.

Kevin
    Good stuff, Kevin. Memories like that are what life's all about.

I don't want to derail the thread, but since the question about the abilities of my hunting/shooting pards was raised, I'll hang a couple of pics:

Randy Robinett (l), 'Humble' Henry Rivers (m), myself (r):

Randy (l), Henry (r) overlooking a decent 'dog town. Vista included for those contemplating a 300 yard drive-by:

Henry (l), Randy (r):

Being from the Deep South, Henry wasn't buying my line of crap about how you need to turn the scope windage the other way once you got West of the Missouri River!

The infamous winner-take-all 'Death Valley Shoot 'Em Up.. Randy and Henry each took one shot at a time to see who could connect on a v-e-r-y far 'out 'dog:

Randy and his 20BR with the winners prize, a crisp piece of folding money:

Triceratops dig. There were three of them:

Triceratops and not to mention the two dinosaurs in the picture