Thread: NBRSA Minutes of Director and Membership Meetings are Posted

NBRSA Minutes of Director and Membership Meetings are Posted

https://www.nbrsa.org/wp-content/upl...OD-meeting.pdf

All interested in this should go and read these minutes.There is a LOT of discussion pertaining to course of fire, (especially as it concerns the National), increasing membership, and promoting Benchrest in general.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 11-17-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks Jackie! Interesting read....

Yes ,very interesting.

The two items that stand out the most are changing the Nationals Unlimited Course of Fire from eight 10-shot groups to five 10-shot groups at each yardage.

The second is rotating benches after each day of competition, rather than after each individual Match.

During the membership meeting, the majority seemed to be in favor of the change in the Unlimited Course of Fire.

However, there was a rather heated discussion among members concerning the Bench Rotation change.

I think both of these will be instituted on a probationary status at next years Nationals to see how it works.

I implore that any shooters who compete in NBRSA Registered Competition read these minutes and contact your Region Director if you have any ideas concerning these matters.

Change is always difficult

But I'm encouraged to see our leaders actively debating various options to increase participation.

In my post #4 in this thread, I made a statement that is not true.

I stated that for the 2020 Nationals there would be a probationary tryout of rotating Benches after each days competition, rather than after each individual Match. I failed to read down further to see that on November 4th, the BOD had another meeting where it was decided to keep the Nationals Rotation as it has always been, and to entertain further discussion with the Membership on the matter.

I apologize for the miss information.

You can go to the minutes, scroll all the way to page 31, where you can read the minutes of the November 4th BOD meeting.

Where oh where have the minutes gone,?Where oh where can they be?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    In my post #4 in this thread, I made a statement that is not true.

I stated that for the 2020 Nationals there would be a probationary tryout of rotating Benches after each days competition, rather than after each individual Match. I failed to read down further to see that on November 4th, the BOD had another meeting where it was decided to keep the Nationals Rotation as it has always been, and to entertain further discussion with the Membership on the matter.

I apologize for the miss information.

You can go to the minutes, scroll all the way to page 31, where you can read the minutes of the November 4th BOD meeting.
    Jackie, I tried clicking on the link you furnished but keep getting a message that the page is missing. Tim

I found it.

Thanks, Jackie. That link worked. Sure looked like the board was busy. Tim