Thread: Needing help

Needing help

My name is Susan Breese. Iím the daughter of Richard Watson who participated in benchrest meets.
    Dad passed away unexpectedly on October 23rd.
    A few weeks before he passed, he gave me two names, but not the contact information, in case something happened to him.
    He said Kip Jones and Dwight Scott, both of Michigan, may be able to assist me with his benchrest guns and equipment.
    I of course recognize the guns, but Iím not familiar with benchrest equipment and accessories.
    If anyone has contact for Kip or Dewight, I would appreciate your help.
    Iím located in northwest Arkansas. My email is camille2@cox.net and phone number is 479-751-5599.
    Thank you.

Susan:

I'm sorry for your Dad's passing.

These may not be current, but try this for Dwight Scott.

E-Mail: sst_us@yahoo.com

Phone: 517-663-1750

I'm sure others will chime in if this info isn't correct. Good luck.

Thank you.
    Kip Jones made contact with me and will be able to assist me with Dadís benchrest equipment.

Susan,
    So sorry for your loss. Your Dad had a lot of friends in Arkansas and he will be truly missed at the Ouachita Sportmans Club
    where he shot with us. He was a great competitor, knowledgeable in all forms of firearms, a friend and a great mentor to
    many.

Regards,

Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas

Thank you for your kind words. As much as his passing was a shock to us, he wouldnít want it any other way. For those who knew him, he never wanted to be in a state where he couldnít do as he wished, enjoying what he loved to do.

I was in hopes of finding someone in the area who could look at Dadís equipment to tell me what is what. There are things I donít recognize and am not sure if itís benchrest related.
    Kip Jones has graciously offered to look at photos and give me advice. Now I understand why Dad liked hanging around with you guys.

Damn. Just got a call and heard about this. Richard was a great guy. He made sure we all went to dinner every time we shooting together.

RIP Sheriff.

Joe Hynes

Susan,
    I'm sure that some of his local friends would be glad to help you out. Your Dad was a top competitor and
    his equipment was first class from guns, glass, bullets, barrels and accessories. He was proud of what he
    had and was really good using it.
    If you can PM a contact number I'm sure that we can help you.
    Regards,

Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas

I can not believe Randy is passed on. I have known Randy since he started SS, (a lot of years ago), if it is the same Randy Watson that I knew.

Susan, I came to the Arkansas shoots for a few years. Richard loaded his top of the line equip and loading stuff in back of his Cadillac. My wife always liked the little glass birds that he brought to the matches for his friends.
    Fayetteville could probably use his police knowledge. I visited with him a lot. He was a little guarded until he was comfortable with you.
    God bless you guys and he will rest in piece.He was a good man.

Richard Watson

Sorry to hear this.Talked a lot with Richard ,since I met him at a Benchrest match at Arkansas. We both retired form similar careers. and regularly shared stories about the job.

Richard Watson was a true professional. He was the Chief Of Police for almost twenty years, for The City Of Fayetteville,Artk , a City of about 75,000 people located in Northwest,Ark.

The Chief Of Police(Top Cop) of any City,regardless of size ,is a tough job. It takes a tough Commander to survive the day to day politics involved in keeping a town and and its residents safe. Thanks for his service. My condolences to the Family.

https://www.nwaonline.com/obituaries...on-2019-10-27/

Glenn