Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Handling Problem, horizontal

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think ďGun HandlingĒis way over rated. Is amazing how many of these problems disappear when yo have a great lot of bullets, a great barrel, and a good tune.

That comment reminds me of the very first registered match i ever shot in, almost twenty years ago.I finished 3rd out 30+ shooters in the first yardage. Some of the best shooters in the Region were present. I shared a bench with a left hander. He set his flags up on the left side of the bench. not really being aware of good Benchrest etiquette, I set mine up on the right side of the bench. (Information Overload,too many wind flags) I had very limited skills at gun handling or reading wind flags.

Yes,Good things happen, when you have a Rifle that shoots. Been there done that. Finding the right combination for a Rifle is easier said than done.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    How many shots does this "strange case" last before it settles?
    Iíd have to look at the targets ( too many thatís for darn sure) is there a way to post pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Well..... come on down to Tri-County next match and on your way back north we'll throw 'er on the Scope Checker......
    Appreciate the offer, Iím trying to isolate the issue , my next test is a three shot group box test. The gun shoots small Iíve checked the load this recent episode has me scratching
    Last edited by SPJ; 10-29-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Iíve been dealing with a strange case of vertical the last two times out with a new scope has proven to be a head scratcher, it shows up after power increases and elevation adjustment
    Try loading the erector and see if that helps. For example, if you need to go up 6 clicks, go up 10 and back down 4.

Don't change power when doing this, if only obviously..... -Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Try loading the erector and see if that helps. For example, if you need to go up 6 clicks, go up 10 and back down 4.

Don't change power when doing this, if only obviously..... -Al
    Thank you
    Thatís a great suggestion, Iíll try that and report back .

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Iíll try that and report back. Jim
    If the p.o.i. is correct after the elevation test, you can go on to the power change testing. Leaving the elevation alone, see if changing power causes a p.o.i. change. If so, there's a lens alignment issue.

On BR guns, there's not a lot of elevation/windage changes that happen, given the complete range of the w/e available. It's always best to have the scopes w/e adjustment as close to centered as possible for a 'zero' at your target distance. If the scope is already in the rings with the w/e at the outer limits of their adjustment range to get an on-target 'zero', things can get pretty herky......

Good shootin'. -Al
    Last edited by Al Nyhus; 10-31-2019 at 10:16 AM.