Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Life Is Pretty Darned Good

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,484

    Life Is Pretty Darned Good

    My wife has a cousin that turned 60 this week end, and she wanted a party......in Vegas.

    So we flew in this morning. I told Marilyn to get us a Sky Suite are the Aria. My Sister in Law wanted to come, so we booked a two bed room Sky Suite.

    Iíll be back at work Tuesday, but for three days, we will donate to the casinos, go to the party and a show, and enjoy life.


    http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1572111431

    http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1572111592

    http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1572111701

    http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1572112624
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9027BB0A-253D-40CF-95A2-3A7BB876F439.jpeg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	23031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58620896-E174-4BB3-BB46-AF662F9296AF.jpeg 
Views:	230 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	23036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D6CC393-4429-4126-990E-A3E8FC04ADDC.jpeg 
Views:	226 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	23037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDBA83C8-02D7-4A4E-BE10-AACAC3D82578.jpeg 
Views:	224 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	23039  
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 10-26-2019 at 03:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,447
    Good For You Jackie... enjoy the fruits of your labors!

    based on your appreciation for life, I'ma' hazard a guess that you didn't grow up rich....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    298
    Good for you Jackie. Be safe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Good For You Jackie... enjoy the fruits of your labors!

    based on your appreciation for life, I'ma' hazard a guess that you didn't grow up rich....
    No I didnít.

    But I was fortunate that my Dad decided to open his own Machine Shop in 1961 in a little 200 square foot building while he still worked at Todd Shipyard. He spent every penny he scraped up to give me and my Brothers something to build on. He got dealt a crappy hand when lung cancer took him at 61. But his knowledge and name live on through our Business.

    In my entire life, the only paycheck I have ever drawn other than our Shop is the two years I spent in the Army after getting drafted.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    washington.........STATE that is.
    Posts
    10,447
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    No I didnít.

    But I was fortunate that my Dad decided to open his own Machine Shop in 1961 in a little 200 square foot building while he still worked at Todd Shipyard. He spent every penny he scraped up to give me and my Brothers something to build on. He got dealt a crappy hand when lung cancer took him at 61. But his knowledge and name live on through our Business.

    In my entire life, the only paycheck I have ever drawn other than our Shop is the two years I spent in the Army after getting drafted.



    It's a good place to be....


    I still get all warm and fuzzy when I buy a pair of shoes.

    And I really like them....

    so I go back and buy another pair, for backup.

    I recently found a pair of tenner shoes that felt so good standing at the lathe I went and bought 4 more pairs, from all 3 Fred Meyer stores, bought out all the stock in Clark County!


    On a side note though....

    Just a few days ago I was peeling back a barrel shank for a nutting system and was breaking my "NO SWARF!" rule, making a razor-sharp spring instead of chips.... I reached over for my cawffee cup and felt a liddle tickle on my bare ankle and there was the swarf down there dancing away and me with no leather boots on!

    Kinda' spooked me.

    So now when I'm making swarf I don't wear my comfy lowtops LOL

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    594

    Living The Life

    Jackie

    Just saw your accommodations in Vegas.......reminds me of the Marine barracks I sometimes used too sleep in. When I made Cpl. I moved into the NCO quarters where I had a single bunk, two single wall lockers and two foot lockers. Hey, like you I was living the life! But it wasn't enough for me to ship over ( Corps jargon for reenlisting)

    You deserve it.......and anyone else who has worked hard all their life.

    Mort

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    467
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy some pretty nice misery. Enjoy it while you can since tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    822
    It is easier to cry in a Corvette then a bicycle, all the luck, or hard work, or whatever, it takes to create your environment.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    594

    Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gammon View Post
    It is easier to cry in a Corvette then a bicycle, all the luck, or hard work, or whatever, it takes to create your environment.
    I''m not sure I understand your post.....Jackie has no reason to cry about anything, so what part is appliable here?

    Mort

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •