Thread: HOKAYYY... DOTS @ 100 and ES under 10fps..... 600?

HOKAYYY... DOTS @ 100 and ES under 10fps..... 600?

I've taken three yrs to get in the mood to write this but here goes.....

Since I've learned to keep my ES in the single digits, "positive compensation tuning" isn't a thing.

I realize this is heresy of the highest order........ and I believe positively in velocity-compensation tuning.

BUT!! With Extreme Spread in single digits I believe "if it dots at 100, it'll dot at 600"

Can anybody attest to a tuned 100yd load THAT HAS LOW ES, like under 10fps ES, that doesn't shoot at 600?

I've heard a boatload of opinions as how "tuning at 600 over-rides ES" etc etc but my experience here in the yard has been proving different.

TO ME....

What Say Ye??

Check well

LOADS WOULD BETTER CHECKED AT 2 AND 3 OO YDS DIFFERENCE ONew PostsSOMETIMES MAKE DIFFFPOWDER AND SEATING

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    I've taken three yrs to get in the mood to write this but here goes.....

Since I've learned to keep my ES in the single digits, "positive compensation tuning" isn't a thing.

I realize this is heresy of the highest order........ and I believe positively in velocity-compensation tuning.

BUT!! With Extreme Spread in single digits I believe "if it dots at 100, it'll dot at 600"

Can anybody attest to a tuned 100yd load THAT HAS LOW ES, like under 10fps ES, that doesn't shoot at 600?

I've heard a boatload of opinions as how "tuning at 600 over-rides ES" etc etc but my experience here in the yard has been proving different.

TO ME....

What Say Ye??
    I have ZERO scientific proof of anything!
    Butttt I would be shocked if I had a 100 yard 1/4 minute load that shot a 1/4 minute at 600. On the other hand a sweet 1/4 load at 600 would not surprise me to see it shoot small at a Hundo