Thread: How Many Watched The Astros vs Yankees last night?

How Many Watched The Astros vs Yankees last night?

That was one great game. Both teams left it all on the field.

And what a ending. Chapman, one of the best Closers in Baseball against one of the best Hitters, Jose Altuve. One hanging slider, and Altuve puts it into the next County.

Great plays by both teams. Great pitching, great hitting, great fielding, great running, ......great baseball.

https://www.mlb.com/video/jose-altuv...pringer-scores

Jackie,

I was pulling for the Astros, only because I hate them a little less than I hate the Yankees. The Astros have only been beating my Dodgers in the post-season for a few years now, while the Yankees have been doing it for decades, so the Astros got my full support during the ALCS (I still am not used to the Astros being in the American league). But honestly...watching them beat the Yankees was akin to watching my mother-in-law drive my Ferrari off of a cliff...definitely mixed emotions.

But I am a baseball fan and you are correct...what a game! Altuve...who never ceases to amaze me...was absolutely clutch! That little sh!t can flat-out play the game. The Chapman/Altuve match-up was David and Goliath-esque and again, David slew the giant. I think the announcer said Chapman had given up TWO homeruns all year. And Brantley's diving catch and throw to double-up Aaron Judge was a phenomenal play.

Just an outstanding game, and congratulations to you and your hometown team.

Justin

Baseball

For me,Baseball season starts at the beginning of the World Series. I predict that the Astro's will sweep the Series in four games.

Glenn
    Last edited by Chism G; 10-20-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Turned it off when the Yanks tied it in the 9th. I was just wore out. Been up since 4:30AM. Sure was glad to see them win.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Turned it off when the Yanks tied it in the 9th. I was just wore out. Been up since 4:30AM. Sure was glad to see them win.
    Well Butch, us old people are what they invented video for

baseball

My cardinals didn't even show up to play the nationals or senators or whatever they call em now.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Well Butch, us old people are what they invented video for
    I know we have it, but will need to ask my "GREAT" Grand Daughter how to use it.