Thread: Who works on Air Arms rifles?

Who works on Air Arms rifles?

I have an EV2 with a leak around the base of the air tank. I tried to take it apart but think it requires a special clamp to take the tank loose, at least I saw a Youtube in which a fellow used a special clamp to take the tank loose. I would like to have the rifle repaired. I would prefer to send it to or carry it to someone in the Northeast if possible.

Thanks,

Pete

No replies!

Who works on Air guns in America? I know there must be some!

Thanks,

Pete

Maybe you could...

contact one of their distributors in the US, though the closest one is near Cleveland... They could point you in a repair facility.

http://www.airventuri.com/av/feature...ands/air-arms/

I used the UK site to find their distributorship info.

https://www.air-arms.co.uk/dealers.html

Phil aka tazzman

I had a big burst of energy this afternoon

And roughed out a collet like the guy in the UK sells. I think I will be able to get the thing apart now and I also watched a couple of vids on fixing leaks so I MAY be good to go. I'll report on the outcome. I'll finish the collet after it cools off. I left .005" to finish the hole. mebby should have left .010 but we'll see.

Pete

Success!

Got the finish bore done in the collet and with some degree of difficulty I got the air tank and regulator out of the rifle. Everything looked to be ok but I did wipe off the surfaces of the valve, etc. Screwed it back together and no leak!

As FDR said, there was nothing to fear but fear itself! I wasn't really afeared but I didn't want to mar any of the surfaces. The collet did the trick. Thank you once more Youtube!

Pete