Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR moving left on gun rights

NASCAR moving left on gun rights

Read a couple articles regarding nascar refusing to run ads from companies who sell “assault weapons “, aka ar15s and modern sporting rifles. Time to show nascar our beliefs with our pocketbooks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V8258zK_QNI
    Last edited by Mram10; 08-28-2019 at 10:41 AM.

I only "watch" a few races a year since Earnhart passed. Daytona & the night short track races. I parenthesis "watch" because I fall asleep before lap 20 & wake up with about 10 to go. "What a Good race!"
    Do you mean NASCAR the sanctioning body or the teams themselves. There a several large sporting goods companies that sponsor the teams.
    Please provide the links.
    Keith

My Daughter and myself are avid NASCAR fans. I have been for close to 50 years. We enjoy watching races together.

https://blog.k-var.com/op-ed/nascar-...al-shift-guns/

I am waiting to see how this shakes out. There is so much false information floating around that it is difficult to ascertain the truth about anything.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 08-28-2019 at 09:02 AM.

I don’t watch NASCAR at all. When they shifted to “stages” making every Dem a winner, I shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by linekin View Post
    I only "watch" a few races a year since Earnhart passed. Daytona & the night short track races. I parenthesis "watch" because I fall asleep before lap 20 & wake up with about 10 to go. "What a Good race!"
    Do you mean NASCAR the sanctioning body or the teams themselves. There a several large sporting goods companies that sponsor the teams.
    Please provide the links.
    Keith
    Google it. Lots of stories. I first saw it on YouTube Colion Noirs nra site.

Nascar

It aint what used to be. Neither is baseball,football, or about any pro sport. They turned baseball into home run derby and football into all offense. Don't bite the hand that feeds ya. Doug

I gave up watching NFL games after some fifty plus years and haven't watched another one since they took a knee and disrespected this country. Switched over to Nascar and if what is now being reported turns out to be true I am done with that sport too.

Bass Pro

I guess that means, Bass Pro won't be sponsoring any teams now. They sell Guns. Going to lose a lot of fans over this.

nfl appears to have gone around the issue by NOT SHOWING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.
    it appears nascar is now demcar and not part of my life.
    i worked races from the late 60's to the late 90's...just a fading memory.

The2019 Bristol night race was Bass Pro/NRA.

2015 Bristol day race 160,000.Now 43,000.

2015 NASCAR said no Confederate flags and we want to welcome the LBGT community.

No more NASCAR for me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySharrett View Post
    The2019 Bristol night race was Bass Pro/NRA.

2015 Bristol day race 160,000.Now 43,000.

2015 NASCAR said no Confederate flags and we want to welcome the LBGT community.

No more NASCAR for me!!!!

So it appears that Nascar accepted NRA money, held the nra sponsored night race at Bristol on Aug. 17...and then made this announcement days later.

Seems to be true and actually quite sad so I am done with Nascar. They have the right to choose their own destiny as do I and all of you.

My Daddy done tol' me...... "you give the devil an inch, he'll take a mile."

My Momma put it this way, "give 'em your little finger, they'll take your whole hand."

Kaeperdink takes a knee and folks want to "discuss it"....Nike jumps on the wagon and people "talk about it."

I'm waiting for the day more "men" stand up on their hind feet and say "ENOUGH!"

We've been pandering to these useless bigots for too long.

Are we adults?

Do we KNOW what we believe, and WHY?

THANK YOU those of you who've chosen a position, taken a stand, taken action......

Please help me to convince others to "vote with your feet" and take your business elsewhere when a sporting institution waffles on 2A rights, pick another sport when the PC crowd gets their way, take the money and go shoot another discipline somewhere's! Buy another gun.....

This ain't about hunting.

Agreed! It ain't never been about hunting.

I used to watch. Done now. My time is better spent reloading!