Thread: friggin' awesome

friggin' awesome

A while back I posted about how sometimes when throating you get a little "smear" (or schmeer in Yiddisch) on the trailing side of the cut. Easily resolved with a Hawkeye.

I recently did one by hand, in the field on an old fireform barrel and decided to use it to test a 50 dollar "Rifle Bore Scope" camera I bought off Amazon. Fitty Dollah, out the door.....

I didn't get a good pic, I was fighting to hold focus, the resolution on this thing is ASTOUNDING! But I did take this picture using both hands and my teeth... and I'm impressed.

I think it captured a schmeer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20190808_11_59_23_Pro.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	22758

I took 6, I'll post another one.....

This camera is so steenkin' good I might just buy a few more, keep 'em handy-like

Name:	WIN_20190808_11_59_12_Pro.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	22759

ohhh yup, there's another one! (I haven't even looked at these pics, just took 'em 15 min ago.....)

Happy.

another throating burr.... and some gapspace carbon that didn't come off last cleaning pass!

Name:	WIN_20190808_11_59_07_Pro.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	22761

Name:	WIN_20190808_11_59_40_Pro.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	22760

hokayy...... enough probing, time for some lunch and a smoke....

I don't think you should shoot that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    I don't think you should shoot that thing!
    LOL!

I recently Hawkeyed a Krieger with less than 200 rds thru it, shooting lights out..... it looked worse than this one!

Al, that's pretty good. I like the camera option .....

Quote Originally Posted by geo.ulrich View Post
    Al, that's pretty good. I like the camera option .....
    And that's actually why I tried this thing.... the camera option. I'd tried the "shooting company name-brand" in the past and was underwhelmed.

I've been tasked in the past with assessing several rifles which quit shooting prematurely. I got the film but it took hours. I like to be able to assess while filming, take still shots, all without disassembling the rifle. I've got the longest Hawkeye setup available and the stock often gets in the way. Basically, with this setup the stock simply isn't a part of the equation, just poke it in either end, it'll reach. and since it's just a camera, the computer does all the work re video VS still shot.

For this Luddite it's a real blessing.

All a name, part number or any other means to find it on Amazon would be very helpful. For only fifty bucks it sure does appear to be well worth the money and thanks for sharing the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    All a name, part number or any other means to find it on Amazon would be very helpful. For only fifty bucks it sure does appear to be well worth the money and thanks for sharing the pics.
    I can only answer for myself, but here's the one I bought

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's called the "Teslong Rifle Bore Scope, 0.2inch Gun Barrel Borescope Camera with Short Focus Camera, Side-View Mirror, for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android" and I have absolutely no idea whether or not it's "a good one"......

I've also bought about 6prs of dentist's glasses in the last year, the ones with the googley eyes and light like he uses to peer up your faceholes and these have been all sorts of brands. Sometimes I re-order another set from the "order again" function and get another brand or different color or whatever but they've all been equally good IMO. BTW my dentist has these googley glasses ranging from 50.00 to 3000.00 "name-brand thru the dental supply house"......and he says the same thing