Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Tuners!!!!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Tim, Did you know that Henry The Navigator never went to sea and yet he designed the Sixteen Point Compass Rose, plotted many ocean routes, and sent men out in search of the New World.
    The only difference in rimfire and centerfire is the noise level.
    And no Mr. Pharmacist, Iím still taking my thyroid pill. Thanks for your concern.
    I do not wish to enter into your contest here but in the interest of people that may not know, I need to set the record straight.

    There are many, many differences in CF and RF.

    The example you gave about the Navigator may be true but it is not the norm.

    Very few CF shooters join the ranks of Rf shooters and become instantly successful. There is a learning curve just as it is with going from RF to CF.

    TKH

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Tim, Did you know that Henry The Navigator never went to sea and yet he designed the Sixteen Point Compass Rose, plotted many ocean routes, and sent men out in search of the New World.
    The only difference in rimfire and centerfire is the noise level.
    And no Mr. Pharmacist, Iím still taking my thyroid pill. Thanks for your concern.
    Yes Francis, AND I knew Henry the Navigator and youíre no Henry the Navigator.

    P.S. he never shot higher than a 247.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    I do not wish to enter into your contest here but in the interest of people that may not know, I need to set the record straight.

    There are many, many differences in CF and RF.

    The example you gave about the Navigator may be true but it is not the norm.

    Very few CF shooters join the ranks of Rf shooters and become instantly successful. There is a learning curve just as it is with going from RF to CF.

    TKH
    True dat, friend Harper, true dat.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,055

    I'd be willing to bet

    One could put a so called Rimfire tuner on a centerfire rifle and tune the barrel with it.Tuners are all about weight, Period.

    Pete

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    One could put a so called Rimfire tuner on a centerfire rifle and tune the barrel with it.Tuners are all about weight, Period.

    Pete
    You answered a question nobody asked there Pete, yes, a tuner is a tuner, the issue is/was how much ongoing adjustment may they need.
    Zero need to answer this, I care not for your theories on the subject.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    301
    Nothing like a closed mind to solve all issues.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,055

    Don't read them

    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    You answered a question nobody asked there Pete, yes, a tuner is a tuner, the issue is/was how much ongoing adjustment may they need.
    Zero need to answer this, I care not for your theories on the subject.
    Tim,

    The easiest way to avoid my theories is not to read them.

    Pete

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    upstate, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,604
    Good luck on the new gig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CFAA3F9-3C04-441E-B1B8-BB61E1979D48.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	23028  

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northshore
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Good luck on the new gig
    Real class

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •