Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seating off the lands

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    I lost my head; I almost responded to A.
    now that would be embarrassing......

A.

now might be the time to remind everyone, 'Forum'.... a forum is not a place for folks of like mind to gather and reinforce their collective views and ideas. A forum THRIVES on disagreement...... disagreement, argument and open discussion even passionate discussion are what makes a forum a FORUM as opposed to a church, a school or a group of fuddy duddy's striving to preserve a way of life past.

Definition of forum

fo·rum
    /ˈfôrəm/
    plural forums also fora\ ˈfȯr-​ə \
    noun
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    1a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
    b : a public meeting place for open discussion
    The club provides a forum for people interested in local history.
    c : a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
    2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT
    3a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
    The town has scheduled a public forum to discuss the proposal.
    b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Maybe it is best if those folks who're bothered by differing views just put each other on ig'noor after all!

I'll not ignore anyone though as I find ALL VIEWS to be fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    i agree,
    but look at the meaning:

meaning: the space in a closed container of liquid that is not filled by the :
    from the liquid world, as in cask filling.

LIQUID

it is being MIS-USED....
    I appreciate the difference and agree...... and use 'appreciate' appropriately ..... also appreciate "like a liquid" so took it another way, laffingly

BTW I also very nearly laffed aloud to hear "vendor agnostic" in a meeting of grubby, mud-booted, unshaven ruffians the other day.... just how I is, gotta' find the humor when I can (which is OFTEN!)

keeps me healthy, so's I can still live on fried foods

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    ullage
    Why(pic) do you insist on using this term (sic) in the metallic cartridge world ?

Meaning (pic): the space in a closed container of liquid that is not filled by the liquid:
    from the liquid (sic) world, as in cask filling.

We(pic) have always used % full
    In the fluid world, head space is often used in place of ullage.

Term swapping knows no bounds...... -Al (notinwa)

Ullage is angel’s breath, AlinSoDak.

Back in my years in the retail fruit industry, ullage referred to the pieces of fruit that disappeared from the cartons during transportation.

I used to see a lot of ullage on the sides of the roads in and around “The Tomato Capital Of Canada”, Leamington, Ontario and then there is always a lot of ullage on the sides of the roads in lemon season in Florida. Today there’s the ullage around Jeddo, Mi and that would be sugar beets. Let me tell you that you don’t want that ullage coming through your windshield. Nobody tailgates a sugar beet truck.

I have seen on many occasions where a shooter forgot powder and the primer did not push the bullet out of the neck. I have done it myself. My view on seating depth is that it acts similar to adjusting a tuner. In my opinion it varies the "effective" barrel length and related harmonics. Why certain combinations of components would need either a running start (jump) or a jam, thats more to do with the components preference for a steep or gradual pressure curve IMO.
    Last edited by zfastmalibu; 08-26-2019 at 10:20 PM.

:)

I lost my head; I almost responded to A.

I had a lot of ullage

I used to see a lot of ullage on the sides of the roads in and around “The Tomato Capital Of Canada”, Leamington, Ontario and then there is always a lot of ullage on the sides of the roads in lemon season in Florida. Today there’s the ullage around Jeddo, Mi and that would be sugar beets. Let me tell you that you don’t want that ullage coming through your windshield. Nobody tailgates a sugar beet truck.
    after my last divorce

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    after my last divorce

Pete
    language is fun

and that language is funny!

ouch though