Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kroil?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    ...........Steel wool won't hurt a barrel, they are wearing out anyway.

Pete
    that's what I told my Dad back in high school...... peeling out with the old Country Squire wagon (wood panels, 460 4-barrel) din't hurt nuttin' "the tires were wearing out anyways..."

Well

peeling out, in most states I'm familiar with, is a summonsable offense. Seems while you're peeling, you really don't have control of your car. The potential possibles are left to you to figure out. Guess its just one of those things kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    Have you ever seen it on the exterior surface of a SS rifle?

The Nosler site mentions it in the context that an oiled bore takes a scosch longer to foul.

A course SS will rust if exposed to something like muriatic acid, salt water etc.
    The chloride ions from your sweat.

It makes a white corrosion product.

Stainless not stain-none.

There is still a lot of iron present.

It does not need as much as a blued gun but an occasional wipe is a good idea.

yes that have made laws..just to make stuff not legal.
    "exhibition of speed" with little to no actual speed.
    all in the name of public safety and noise.
    when i am trying to sleep i like the law.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    peeling out, in most states I'm familiar with, is a summonsable offense. Seems while you're peeling, you really don't have control of your car. The potential possibles are left to you to figure out. Guess its just one of those things kids do.

Yeh, kids will be kids, even at 70+ years old.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmbUZ3cpqfM
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 07-22-2019 at 08:29 PM.

LO-freaky-NELL!!!

THAT took a turn eh!

Who'dathunk burning rubber on public highways and byways was a "summonsable offense" eh?

I s'pose you're gonna' tell me that riding wheelies through town on my 'Busa ain't good neiyther, nor power-braking a smoke-show at the lights, nor prob'ly even uncorking the latepipes after midnite.....

squares

when my brother/s got tickets for that stuff it was called unnecessary acceleration whether the tires squealed or not.

It can also be “excessive noise”. But go ahead, give the law a reason to pull you over. I sure showed them.NOT

I told ya what I told ya

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    LO-freaky-NELL!!!

THAT took a turn eh!

Who'dathunk burning rubber on public highways and byways was a "summonsable offense" eh?

I s'pose you're gonna' tell me that riding wheelies through town on my 'Busa ain't good neiyther, nor power-braking a smoke-show at the lights, nor prob'ly even uncorking the latepipes after midnite.....

squares
    yes, summons are issued for peeling out. You don't know why, I can't help ya.

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    It can also be “excessive noise”. But go ahead, give the law a reason to pull you over. I sure showed them.NOT
    I can't tell you how many times that happened and the driver was OUI or OAS! The Darwin awards behavior does exist!!

And juvenile use of the English language will make one seem, well, childish.

Just.....

Wow

Seriously

40-odd years ago I was in a learning phase and I asked this 90-some yr-old happy (gleefull, actually) millionaire "so what''s the secret??"

He leaned in and stated with total sincerity "never grow up"

A few hrs later, as I was leaving he hollered "if you make it past 50 without growing up, you don't have to!"

He was right

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    40-odd years ago I was in a learning phase and I asked this 90-some yr-old happy (gleefull, actually) ... "so what''s the secret??"

He leaned in and stated with total sincerity "never grow up"
    Reminds me of something a friend said to me years ago (when I was well into my adult years), "What are you going to do when you grow up?"

There is a difference

between maintaining a childs enthusiastic outlook on life, and acting like a child.
    Last edited by glp; 07-25-2019 at 06:37 PM.