Thread: Anschutz 64 Trainers

Anschutz 64 Trainers

I was at a gun shop this weekend and the guy said had a bunch of anschutz 64 WW11 trainers. All were single shots with heavy barrels or bull barrels. Depending on the condition they were around 400$. My question would the actions be good for a custom build? I went back the next day and he brought one to the shop and I look at it no rust just some little dings in the metal. The stocks and barrels were beat up some but there where trainers. Thanks

I basically know nothing about the action. Given that my first thought is... are repair parts available?
    I.e. springs, firing pins, etc.

Will have to research. They may not be 64s someone said they were KK 54 guns.

Few smiths will work on ANY Annie any longer

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Few smiths will work on ANY Annie any longer
    Why is that Tim?

I love my '54 Annie 1711 and saw this a few years ago http://njshooting.tripod.com/FITTING...E%20BARREL.htm

I am not sure if the above-mentioned barrels are still available but as my old girl still kicks butt not really worried although she is very picky about her diet.

* doggie *

Because while there are still a few outliers around, nobody is interested in having an all in cost as high as a good custom that most often will not perform with a custom.
    You go to a big match, they are few and far between and not built in recent years.
    “ kicks butt” means winning matches among good shooters.