Thread: Remington action to 6PPC

Remington action to 6PPC

Need some help. Got two SS solid bottom Remington actions from Lester. They are 308 bolt face and I want to turn one into a 6 PPC for the custom class at Harrison, MI. Whats the best way to convert the action to, extractor/ejector on these actions? Is there someone you know who can do this or what's the best way. As you know, I have the bull by the horns and just trying to make it right. Thanks for you input.

Jeff Aberegg

Jeff,

Try and contact Karl at Kampfeld Custom. He bushed a bolt face for me once, will require the installation of a Sako style extractor.
    http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/

....or , buy a Ptg bolt and keep or sell yours.
    Obviously, selling it reduces the end cost.

A'gain (sorry Mike) I'm gonna' side with mwezell here.... I too think the better option is the PTG bolt.

BUT

That said, I've had Karl Feldkamp do fluting for me several times and the man is a freakin' artiste! Kampfeld Custom does topnotch work.

Jeff, here's a link to PTG's bolt. You can pick your bolt face and ejector style from the menu to the side. At that price, you'l' be 'way ahead of what a good 'smith would charge. Plus you'll have the extra .473 bolt to sell or keep to make that gun into a switch barrel rig.

Hope this helps and that all is well with you. -Al

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remin...-700-bolt.html

Quote Originally Posted by jaberegg View Post
    Need some help. Got two SS solid bottom Remington actions from Lester. They are 308 bolt face and I want to turn one into a 6 PPC for the custom class at Harrison, MI. Whats the best way to convert the action to, extractor/ejector on these actions? Is there someone you know who can do this or what's the best way. As you know, I have the bull by the horns and just trying to make it right. Thanks for you input.

Jeff Aberegg
    I happen to have a nice 40X (722) sleeved coned sako extractor bolt somewhere in my shop. It was part of my first 6ppc bench gun. A customer talked me out of the gun but didn't want a 6ppc. You can contact me at 814-323-5607.

[QUOTE=martin zuck;824642]I happen to have a nice 40X (722) sleeved coned sako extractor bolt somewhere in my shop. It was part of my first 6ppc bench gun. A customer talked me out of the gun but didn't want a 6ppc. You can contact me at 814-323-5607

Now that I think about it ,it is an older bolt that doesn't have the slot in the right hand lug. Sorry for the misleading info!

Thanks everyone. Talked to Butch Lambert the other day and when Butch talks I listen. He told me to contact Pete Piper, so I did. Pete is going to true the bolt and add the Sako extractor for me.

Jeff Aberegg

Quote Originally Posted by jaberegg View Post
    Thanks everyone. Talked to Butch Lambert the other day and when Butch talks I listen. He told me to contact Pete Piper, so I did. Pete is going to true the bolt and add the Sako extractor for me. Jeff Aberegg
    Good deal, Jeff. -Al

Have him bush and capture the firing pin while he is at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Bush what?, the bolt face or the firing pin hole?

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    ^+1^