Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cool font?

cool font?

I just found this font called 'Wolves and Ruin' and I tried it out on a gun tonite......

NOT'cher typical Weatherby lettering but this guy's a burly elk-shootin' feller and this is most definitely a working gun.
    I'm hoping he likes it

opinions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_191614 (2).jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	787.4 KB 
ID:	22525

Since you inferred you were soliciting opinions, Iíll give mine. A kindergarten student could do better.

Looks

Flintstone'ish. Eh....

Not a big fan. NOT bad, just not Ďití

It's OK...tells the tale and that's all it needs to do. Get the fellow's opinion before you do it again! Wait...don't do it again unless asked specifically.

It's different and if lost or stolen would be easy enough to identify.

Fantastic replies!

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Since you inferred you were soliciting opinions, Iíll give mine. A kindergarten student could do better.
    I'll try to be more clear in future..... I _thought _ I was specifically "asking" for opinions, not inferring.

Thank You for yours

Quote Originally Posted by msalm View Post
    Not a big fan. NOT bad, just not Ďití
    Generally my builds are such that I'm confronted with the age old "do what you want with it, you're the artiste"...... so I'm stuck with the age old problem of "does he love it?"

So I observe carefully and try to be wily and subtile like the sneaky and 'lusive foxsnake

Basically, if'n they don't light up like a kid with their first BB gun I've failed. So I chuck 'er back up and turn the letters off and start over, lose .008-.010 shank diameter.

I've also used Comic Sans and several Lucida fonts, not this one, Lucida has some cool calligraphic stuff, but most of mine are custom and not to be found on Wilbur's list

And then there's what I cal "the Olde Fuddy-Duddy fonts" where I exactly match the lettering on the receiver and the client gets all happy and yells "I love it! It looks just like it was made that way!!"

I smile thinking "this is a guy to whom "bespoke suit" means it's "not JC Penney, but it'll do"...."

LOL
    Last edited by alinwa; 06-15-2019 at 02:10 PM.

If it is a chambering that you could use to kill a T-Rex that is perfect. And a 378 wea. is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    If it is a chambering that you could use to kill a T-Rex that is perfect. And a 378 wea. is just that.

That's what I was going for......

Al

You walk to the beat of a different drum and your choice of font reflects that. But hey...opinions are like a..holes .Everybody has one.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    I just found this font called 'Wolves and Ruin' and I tried it out on a gun tonite......

NOT'cher typical Weatherby lettering but this guy's a burly elk-shootin' feller and this is most definitely a working gun.
    I'm hoping he likes it

opinions?

Name:	20190614_191614 (2).jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	787.4 KB 
ID:	22525
    Cool!!

Rick

My opinion could very well be based on the fact that I use a Famco P1-2 pantograph engraver and have all of....two sets of font. One plain old block letter and another one of fancy script. My choices are quite limited and Iíve only used the block letters now for 5 plus years. Maybe a bit boring I suppose so in retrospect, I like it

The nice thing about this electro-etch thing is that one can choose to either cut the letters in and leave them be, or you can 'blacken' them electrically which is pretty durable.

Name:	20190615_151951.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	881.8 KB 
ID:	22533