Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: source for tungsten rod/butt stock weights

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    i do not do biz with ebay as they are anti-gun.
    amazon showed a bunch, but it is not as dense as i was led to believe.
    i think i will stick with lead.
    They allow all sorts of gun related stuff to be sold there.

go read their rules
    go read paypal rules
    NO GUNS.
    Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    They allow all sorts of gun related stuff to be sold there.

With all the insecurity in the world markets these days, why not go for a chunk of gold, the upside being who would look for it hidden in a rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kielly View Post
    With all the insecurity in the world markets these days, why not go for a chunk of gold, the upside being who would look for it hidden in a rifle?
    yeahh..... no..... I put 3.6lb of lead-filled copper pipe into my 600yd Light gun

3.5lb gold is around $85,000.00 USD ..... my luck I'd get a wild hair and sell that gun.

And forget......

LOL

go read their rules
    go read paypal rules
    NO GUNS.
    I wouldn't buy a gun there anyway.

duh
    you cannot buy a gun there.

I wouldn't buy a gun there anyway.

Some people live on adversity.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    Some people live on adversity.

Mort

duh
    you cannot buy a gun there.
    I know duh; I wouldn't buy a gun there even if it was allowed to sell/buy them there. It was just as hypocritical of the local paper to editorialize about gun control on one page and take ad revenue for their buy sell trade in the classifieds. eBay is apparently no different. I suppose that there justification is that nobody can kill anybody with a set of reloading dies. Craigslist OTOH won't allow an empty ammunition box to be listed.

.......It was just as hypocritical of the local paper to editorialize about gun control on one page and take ad revenue for their buy sell trade in the classifieds. .........
    Or, maybe your local newspaper actually UNDERSTANDS journalism? Sounds to me as though you do not!

"editorial"

editorial
    /ˌedəˈtrēəl/

noun
    a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue.

An OPINION.

And, please note that in a truly journalistic environment there's room for more than one opinion....

I say this because it's also a problem right here on Wilbur's board...... and everywhere today in this "everybody must get along" environment we've created for ourselfs...

As I've said before, howsa'bout's we all put on our big-boy pants and DISCUSS different OPINIONS the way civilized humans do??

Our local paper is run by A Morman and I'll give him this, he understands his job. The editorial pages look like a seesaw.

vive la difference!

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Or, maybe your local newspaper actually UNDERSTANDS journalism? Sounds to me as though you do not!

"editorial"

editorial
    /ˌedəˈtrēəl/

noun
    a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue.

An OPINION.

And, please note that in a truly journalistic environment there's room for more than one opinion....

I say this because it's also a problem right here on Wilbur's board...... and everywhere today in this "everybody must get along" environment we've created for ourselfs...

As I've said before, howsa'bout's we all put on our big-boy pants and DISCUSS different OPINIONS the way civilized humans do??

Our local paper is run by A Morman and I'll give him this, he understands his job. The editorial pages look like a seesaw.

vive la difference!
    It's about consistency. If you're going to take a stand against guns then don't try to profit from them at the same time. That said I voted with my checkbook not to support the local local paper some years ago. They would sometimes publish opposing views as a LTTE but NEVER as an op-ed, but as I see it they never have quite the impact as the op-ed did. To boycott eBay because they don't allow firearms to be bought sold or traded there is meh. There are plenty of places to buy IF I was buying. I have yet to join AARP because of their firearms stance.

The local local paper used to be owned by one Michael Gartner who went on to become president IIRC NBC news [the ones who staged the gas tank explosion]. Now I consider the local paper to be the Des Moines Ragister whose best use is for keeping my gun cleaning bench clean.
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 09-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.

It's about consistency. If you're going to take a stand against guns then don't try to profit from them at the same time. That said I voted with my checkbook not to support the local local paper some years ago. They would sometimes publish opposing views as a LTTE but NEVER as an op-ed, but as I see it they never have quite the impact as the op-ed did. To boycott eBay because they don't allow firearms to be bought sold or traded there is meh. There are plenty of places to buy IF I was buying. I have yet to join AARP because of their firearms stance.

The local local paper used to be owned by one Michael Gartner who went on to become president IIRC NBC news [the ones who staged the gas tank explosion]. Now I consider the local paper to be the Des Moines Ragister whose best use is for keeping my gun cleaning bench clean.
    Thank You for an informed and well thought out reply!

I'm delighted to stand corrected

so it is ok for YOU to VOTE with your check book, BUT not ok for anyone else ?
    paypal and its owner, ebay, are known anti gun companies.....
    but i cannot take a stand with them, 'casue you say so ?

How did we get here?

We were talking about increasing the weight of a rifle. We should ask how this thread came down to this. Why not take the simple way out and just screw a slab of lead to the bottom of the stock and call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wynne View Post
    We were talking about increasing the weight of a rifle. We should ask how this thread came down to this. Why not take the simple way out and just screw a slab of lead to the bottom of the stock and call it a day?
    HANG on...... !

I'm going thru all sorts of calisthenics weighting my rifles (5 different setups) and you say "slab of lead on bottom??"

Please a'splain man!