Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the latest best

Whats the latest best

Electronic powder dispenser? I'd like something more accurate than my old Chargebastard if one exists.

Pete

define your accuracy requirement..

there are electronic dispensers that use an a&d fx120i...0.02

pretty much cover br but do not know if it is portable.
    i think the new chargemaster lite is good enough for short range br.

Dead Nuts

is my accuracy requirement. My Chargemaster is old and plus or minus a grain and a half is as good as it does. I only use it to dispense charges that I then trickle up to dead nuts charges on an Aculab scale that reads 2 places. The erratic dispensed loads slows the process down a lot.If I could find something that would stay inside half a grain that would help a lot. Only dead nuts loads are good enough for me.

Pete

There's a kid outta' Canada that was selling what seemed to be a more accurate one over on 6mmBR (Accurate Shooter) a while back. I'd go find it for you but they kicked me out the room some time ago for being mean and unsafe and giving out dangerously inaccurate information.

"you'll shoot your eye out kid"
    ------------ Ralphie's Mom

it seems to me most sites are "if you hurt someones feelings" you are gone.
    forget truth
    forget data
    forget shooting,
    its all about "feelings"

in my humble opinion,
    the charge master lite will stay under 0.1, but that is all.
    from there it is an integrated trickler to a&dx120i.

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    There's a kid outta' Canada that was selling what seemed to be a more accurate one over on 6mmBR (Accurate Shooter) a while back. I'd go find it for you but they kicked me out the room some time ago for being mean and unsafe and giving out dangerously inaccurate information.

"you'll shoot your eye out kid"
    ------------ Ralphie's Mom

Try this on for size

http://prometheustoolcorp.com/

Starting at $3800. "Accurate to the kernel" they state. It looks slow. It says its accurate to within .1 grain. That would seem to be what folks are trying to better. I wonder if anyone here has one?
    Last edited by glp; 06-04-2019 at 03:39 PM.

It's good

that Wilbur is understanding and lenient, INHMO!

I have ample proof that this is an exacting science, this Short Range Benchrest. Anyone who doesn't think so id deluding themselves.

Pete

well you can just LEASE it..
    lol
    pretty sure the current trickler based .0x scales have that machine beat in speed and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    http://prometheustoolcorp.com/

Starting at $3800. "Accurate to the kernel" they state. It looks slow. It says its accurate to within .1 grain. That would seem to be what folks are trying to better. I wonder if anyone here has one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    Electronic powder dispenser? I'd like something more accurate than my old Chargebastard if one exists.

Pete
    If you're wanting to load at the range, then something like a Chargemaster Lite will get you +/- 0.1 gr. That's way better than the average bear can throw charges; especially N133.

To gain any better precision, you need a magnetic force restoration scale like those offered by A&D or Sartorius. I can easily measure to 1 kernel with my Sartorius Entris 64-1S. But these scales are meant to be used in controlled environments and would not be appropriate for field use. HTH.

Wow

only $1200

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    well you can just LEASE it..
    lol
    pretty sure the current trickler based .0x scales have that machine beat in speed and accuracy.
    You can ONLY lease Prometheus! They no longer sell them.......

Check out the auto trickler by Adam McDonald. Lots of long range shooters are using these. The link has a demo video.

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    Check out the auto trickler by Adam McDonald. Lots of long range shooters are using these. The link has a demo video.

For the technically astute/adventurous there's the very similar "open trickler" https://blog.ammolytics.com/2019-04-...-trickler.html which adds the advantage of vibratory, rather than rotary trickling - seems to prevent the clumping problems that result in overshoots.

About $700 total, counting the scale.

GsT

Looks like a Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post

measure top. I have one of those under my bench .

I don't load at the range

Quote Originally Posted by vargetman View Post
    A friend has a Prometheus and it will weigh a kernel of V-133. At a cost of $3100. So you will have to pre load into glass vials or preload at home. In the short range game you won,t see any difference in a kernel of powder. He was able to buy his.
    My point is buy your self a Chargemaster and be done. I don,t think you will see a difference on the target at plus or minus a tenth of a grain in the short range game. Unless you just have deep pockets and want to waste your money.

Just my 1/2 cent worth,

John
    I gave it up years ago. Made too many mistakes and didn't like schlepping all the stuff around. I have a few hundred cases and load at home, whatever I need for the matches I attend. I like absolute control of my loading, to the 100th.

Pete