Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reviving old brass.

Al sez no

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    As I see it Pete, an enlarged chamber only prolongs the agony before you have to web size the first time and then after that, itís back to square one with a larger based cartridge.
    but I'm with you and why I decided to trim some to see what happens. I have several hundred cases I bought years ago from a guy who didn't anneal and wanted to realize something out of his cases other than scrap value. I have 500 of them resurrected and in boxes now. I have given some away with rifles I have sold and some are not usable but I'll bet I have 200 more that can be made usable. Of course, me, I decided a long time ago cases are a container the things that make accuracy goes in and have proven it to myself over and over.

How to find a way to soften bodies without destroying the case is the quest.

Pete

[QUOTE=FBecigneul;823573]As I see it Pete........[/QxUOTE]

Again with the guesses....... opining on things you haven't tried.

I have cases that have been fired hundreds of times. I HAVE them.....I' ve won wood with them, and some of them have been used in multiple guns. To equal effect.

Now, if you've ACTUALLY DONE THIS, I'll retract my judgements, until then, arguing from a position of zero experience is very, Midwestern.

The fact that you sell a tool to address this "problem" doesn't make the problem real. I too have 7 different squeezers to address stretched cases and primer pockets. And some of them "work"

LOTS of tools in this category IMO, perhaps most of them.....last night a guy emailed me about these "concentricity checkers", even sending links and pictures so I could give my opinion. My "opinion" was... I OWN all of the tools shown...... come on over and try them all out..... but I haven't used one for years. And I never picture myself using one again.

I've learned to avoid problems not "fix" them

Imagine that, you know and have done it all. Al. And no one else has.
    You may have also noticed that I avoid conversing with you and on posts in which you have extrapolated your beliefs.

Oh, and Iíll let my results speak for themselves.
    Last edited by FBecigneul; 05-23-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Imagine that, you know and have done it all. Al. And no one else has.
    You may have also noticed that I avoid conversing with you and on posts in which you have extrapolated your beliefs.

Oh, and Iíll let my results speak for themselves.
    Sorry, ain't goin' there with ya' Big Guy........ I CAN speak liberal....just choose not to

I'm asking, why not just avoid the problem?

One of the Great Gunsmith's had my favorite answer....."well, a man's gotta' have SOME pride! I don't want my rounds to look bulged "
    Last edited by alinwa; 05-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.