Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Things You Should Avoid Doing When You Are Over 70.

Good one.

Mort

I haven't chased the cars for a long time.
    Last edited by dmort; 08-20-2019 at 07:59 PM.

When you wake up at 4 am to take a whiz, just remember first that you are in bed.

Yep!

I just turned 67 and still climb 12/12 roofs (no I don't like it) but that's my job (insurance adjuster). I tell all the young guys if I fall I'll splatter and not bounce like them, the ol bones just won't take it. I'm moving more into flood work so I don't have to climb roofs. Living foolishly in my younger days and being a small business owner have contributed to my continued work (you know when you own your own business you have it made, right?). Stay safe!

I did many a roof as a young guy as my second job. Main job was fire fighter. Anything over 6:12 is a hooker if you’re putting composition shingles down. There was a guy, Mark Rose, Bench Rest shooter in Ohio who had two helpers named Brad. He used to say he puts shingle down with two brads.

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    I did many a roof as a young guy as my second job. Main job was fire fighter. Anything over 6:12 is a hooker if you’re putting composition shingles down. There was a guy, Mark Rose, Bench Rest shooter in Ohio who had two helpers named Brad. He used to say he puts shingle down with two brads.
    How many benchrest shooters does it take to shingle a roof?

Just one if you slice him thin enough.

There is a rumor that when the Mexicans were charging the stockade around the Alamo carrying ladders that a defender said, "Look at all those roofers."

You know you're old when you go to the game and fish to buy a license, and the cute little 25 year old hottie that sells it to you is your grand-daughter.

And don't forget to ask for your senior discount. In NH, if you're 68 or over when you buy your license, it's only seven dollars for combination hunting and fishing. Muzzle-loader and archery are another three dollars each.

I'm 68 and I'm just now getting used to asking for senior discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by vtmarmot View Post
    And don't forget to ask for your senior discount. In NH, if you're 68 or over when you buy your license, it's only seven dollars for combination hunting and fishing. Muzzle-loader and archery are another three dollars each.

I'm 68 and I'm just now getting used to asking for senior discounts.
    In Iowa seniors can get a life time hunting license for around $55 or so. same for fishing and no annual conservation stamp needed.