Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Should Avoid Doing When You Are Over 70.

Got the stitches out Friday. All healed up.

I never put a bandage or any kind of salve on it, which kinda freaked my wife out.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1558907942
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AD6C5E8-38BB-4412-A98A-86FE2388DCF1.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	22425  

ohh heck, take a high speed grinder to it and it will look like new..well 70.
    alright....maybe not.
    glad to see ya back together

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post

I never put a bandage or any kind of salve on it, which kinda freaked my wife out.
    Covering it is often not the best idea if it keeps it wet from tissue leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by David Apple View Post
    Was walking in a walk-in beer cooler and bumped into a pallet slightly out of line with others holding cases of beer. Emergency room @ 1a.m. no stitches and no pain meds. It's been 10 days and still hurts like crazy.Attachment 22370
    That is pretty ugly....can't believe they didn't do something to close that up. Hope you have enough beer to hold you over.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    That is pretty ugly....can't believe they didn't do something to close that up. Hope you have enough beer to hold you over.

Mort
    Why didn't they close that?

superficial laceration. in other word not deep enough to require stitches. Pain is likely more from impact- bruising looks to be fairly deep. or perhaps you are on blood thinners which makes look worse than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1558907942

shucks, it's all good...... it's a "20-ft paintjob" now. I couldn't even see it til I clicked on it

Healed up nicely Jackie!

Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Yeah, donít ever tell them you passed out first. Thatís another set of tests and another doctor or three. Youíd never know it to look at my pretty face but Iíve had over a hundred stitches in it from my hockey playing days. Scars heal up better than you think.
    The reason we get hurt as old timers is because weíre doing things the way we used to do it and we canít think as fast as we used to and the reflexes arenít as quick as they used to be.

The problems for we old fellows are many: bifocals may cause us to miss a step, some have numb feet (no feedback for balance), we are weaker that before but gravity is just as powerful as ever and it waits for us to slip. When we fall we may not have enough neck strength to keep our head from hitting that curb (killed a friend of mine recently). Get a walking stick, hold onto hand rails on the stairs, Climb into that deer stand like a sloth, take your time making the shot and climb down carefully. Enjoy every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Gray View Post
    ........we are weaker that before but gravity is just as powerful as ever and it waits for us to slip.....

Well met Will Gray!

And Welcome

Over 70, even breaking wind comes with risks.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
    Over 70, even breaking wind comes with risks.
    Charlie
    shhART!!

Wow is all I can say. I guess you should be VERY thankful someone was near to drive you or it was probably 911...

Quote Originally Posted by steve stanley View Post
    Wilbur, There is a better term, instead of Golden Years they are the Metallic years, silver in your hair,gold in your teeth and lead in your a**. Fits much better IMHO. It still beats the alternative !
    Speaking of metallic years. I recently had 4 titanium=platinum coated stents installed. Makes a total of 8 stents.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySharrett View Post
    Speaking of metallic years. I recently had 4 titanium=platinum coated stents installed. Makes a total of 8 stents.

Jerry, hope everything is going well. Thank God for modern medical technology.

Best regards and good shootin' !

Gene Beggs