Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Should Avoid Doing When You Are Over 70.

Went over backwards in the shop some three years ago and split my head open on the concrete floor. A ride in the ambulance, seven staples later, a slight brain bleed, concussion and a stay in the hospital and I have never been the same since. Memory loss, concentration abilities and migrain headaches have been the lasting results. Along with numerous brain scans since and they cannot figure out why those effects haven't yet gone away. It has also affected my competitive shooting abilities and the loss of concentration probably being the worst. So be careful out there a good bump on the head just isn't the same as when one was a bit younger and quite typically not a real big deal. Jackie I hope you get better soon and I have you in my Prayers.

Jackie

Good to hear you are ok.

Got to Boise night before last. We were flying into Houston from vacation when the storm hit, and we were forced to land in New Orleans. Getting home turned out to be a circus.
    Our luggage is still in Houston.....Hey whatever.

Take care of yourself.

Mort

When we got to New Orleans they said you folks were getting hit with golf ball size hail.
    Last edited by dmort; 05-12-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.....

Was walking in a walk-in beer cooler and bumped into a pallet slightly out of line with others holding cases of beer. Emergency room @ 1a.m. no stitches and no pain meds. It's been 10 days and still hurts like crazy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leg2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	22370
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leg1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	22371  

At 74 years I was helping sort cows back in October and was kicked on the upper thigh.

Lucky no broken bones, but it really, really, really, really hurt for a month.

I am now 75 and I am much smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    At 74 years I was helping sort cows back in October and was kicked on the upper thigh.

Do I have to wait till 75 to become that smart???? God I hope not.

An old rodeo cowboy will tell you "That is gonna leave a mark"

Deep bruises are like that.

makes a hard little knot in the muscle till the blood is re-absorbed by the body.

As you age falling becomes more and more of a real danger with sometimes serious consequences.

Older bones no longer flex without cracking.
    Last edited by brickeyee; 05-13-2019 at 04:26 PM.

I just wrote this to a friend.... "Golden Years" is a joke that's never funny. When we're younger it sounds like something special but when we're "Golden" we discover that the term was a big joke and it ain't funny. I suppose it is, but you have to say it and laugh really fast.

Hey John...if you get taken out by a rogue cow can I have your RBL?

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra13 View Post

Justin
    If you can pry it from my cold hands!

Same year, last year, I saw pictures of a guy that was bloody up real bad by a wild cow. He was carrying a overunder and really needed a semi-auto with a full magazine. He did shoot the cow at least once before getting to the hospital. Don't know if he had to file a police report or not.

Angry Golden years

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    I just wrote this to a friend.... "Golden Years" is a joke that's never funny. When we're younger it sounds like something special but when we're "Golden" we discover that the term was a big joke and it ain't funny. I suppose it is, but you have to say it and laugh really fast.
    These are the RUSTY YEARS.

Mystery Solved

Finally learned that turning a Two Step Stool, into a One Stepper, Hurts. Broken shooting arm and new opening in my head. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra13 View Post

Justin
    I recall back in grad school a fellow student asking when he found out I was going deer hunting; "if you get shot can I have your bicycle?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    'Old age' is the one condition no one wants to leave though.

Old age, old age, old age.
    I’ve had over 100 stitches in this handsome face and none of them show. I was 23 years old and took a hockey stick to the eye brow for 12 stitches and got back in the game. Those were the days before those sissy helmets and face guards. I was playing for the Seneca Falls Red Wings at that time. Shortly after that I was drafted, not by an NHL team but by the Army. I’ll trade “Those were the days” for “Golden Years” any time.
    I was a lady’s man then.....not that night but............