Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Position Rifle Smith

Position Rifle Smith

A friend is looking for a smith who specializes in re-barreling Anschutz Position rifles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Try Mark Penrod at Penrod Precision Rifles. I know he did work on a position rifle for a recent NCAA record holder. Don't know if it was an Annie, but do know he has the tooling and has done many Annie's in the past. Use your search bar for 'Penrod Precision' and you will find contact phone number. Mark turns out excellent work.

Thank You

Appreciate it

Pete

Mark is a good choice. So is Jim Peightal if he wants that Annie threaded. bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob finger View Post
    Mark is a good choice. So is Jim Peightal if he wants that Annie threaded. bob
    I don't think so, Jim will not thread them. I just tried over the winter he doesn't even want to work on a Annie.... jim

I think we should let Jim speak for himself if Pete wants to contact him. Jim has threaded and barreled an Annie for me, but it was a few years ago. bob

I think we are all set

I relayed the information to my friend. The shooter is a College Shooter on a scholarship soooooo. I was surprised to hear schools leave all things rifle to the students.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    I relayed the information to my friend. The shooter is a College Shooter on a scholarship soooooo. I was surprised to hear schools leave all things rifle to the students.

Pete
    Pete, maybe some of them, but most collegiate shooters furnish their own rifles.

That's what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Pete, maybe some of them, but most collegiate shooters furnish their own rifles.
    If i were running things, I'd have an Armorer present to work on guns. I'm sure one would work for a lot less than the prof who only teach one class per semester. Just sayin.

In my way of thinking, why not the School ? Certainly they aren't un affordable. Do football players buy their own pads, etc?

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Wass; 04-23-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Gene Davis does much of the smithing for the University of Akron’s team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    If i were running things, I'd have an Armorer present to work on guns. I'm sure one would work for a lot less than the prof who only teach one cllass per semester. Just sayin.

In my way of thinking, why not have School ? Certainly they aren't affordable. Do football players buy their own pads, etc?

Pete
    You ‘re in luck, , a famous French team is in fact looking for an armorer, I have a contact at l’universitie dumass. Would be a perfect fit.
    Be happy to pass it on.

Here

we go again.

Nope

Tim takes the bait way too easy. Gonna fish closer to the top of the water this year.

Pete

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    we go again.
    I was gonna shoot for twenty years but, sniffle, the other boys are mean to me.
    Bwaaaaaaahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by bob finger View Post
    I think we should let Jim speak for himself if Pete wants to contact him. Jim has threaded and barreled an Annie for me, but it was a few years ago. bob
    I live right down the road from him and i have known him forever 30 years and he is semi retired and did build a couple of guns last winter but he doesn't want to fool with an Annie let alone thread them and will only glue in for what they are worth. so call him and see ... jim