Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Sid Goodling

New Vineyard, Maine via Milford, Massachusetts

R.I.P. Sid Goodling

The benchrest community lost one of the best today. My gunsmith and friend Sid Goodling passed away. Sid went down hill pretty fast this last month. He is truly at piece now. A lot of people are going to miss u buddy. He was one of the nicest, most personable and all around great guys that I had the pleasure of knowing. God bless you Sid and see u on the other side.
    Last edited by Jim Pag; 04-18-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Oh no, I was hoping the bell would never toll for Sid. He was such a nice guy, I know we will all miss him.
    Joel

Sid was truly one of the good guys. Not only was he a great gunsmith and shooter, but he was a great man. We in the shooting community are truly diminished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gregandsid.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	22282  

Very sad news. Such a great guy. RIP.

Rest in peace brother.
    David & Judy

I received a text about this today. I met Sid around 20+ yrs. ago. great guy just did his thing and stayed away from all the b.s this is a true loss to bench rest....R.I.P.

Sorry to hear this, Sid was a great guy and a great
    Gunsmith. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

Great gunsmith, great guy, and a great friend.

Prayers to family. RIP Sid.....

Milt

Sid was a fine gunsmith and a tough competitor who devoted many more hours practicing his trade then he did at the range. A top competitor, he was a humble man who would put aside his own interests at a match to help anyone who may have encountered an issue. Truly a good all around guy and family man whose knowledge of craft and warm smile will be missed by many who knew him.

My condolences to his family, his friends and all who had the pleasure of meeting him.

Pat Hurley

Very Sad News to the benchrest community.

RIP Sid as it was always a pleasure speaking with you.

My condolences to the family and and relatives.

Russell

Sorry to hear this news. Sid was the most patient and generous mentor and friend anyone could ask for. The road will be tougher to navigate without his guidance and advice, to say nothing of his skilled craftsmanship. Rest easy Sid.
    Last edited by Duane(Pa); 04-22-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Arrangements

https://www.beckfunerals.com/obituar...elebrationWall

A funeral service in celebration of his life will be held on Tuesday at 11:00AM at St. Paulís Lutheran Church in Stoverstown, 4767 Lehman Rd., Spring Grove with Rev. Dr. Brad Dayett officiating. He will be laid to rest following the service at St. Paul Union Cemetery. Viewings will be held on Monday from 6-8 PM at Beck Funeral Home & Cremation Service Inc. of Spring Grove, 175 N. Main St., Spring Grove and on Tuesday from 10-11AM at the church.
    In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be made to St. Paulís Lutheran Church.
    Condolences may be shared at www.beckfunerals.com

I met Sid over the phone when I ordered my first bench gun and then later had him build one for my dad. His work was second to none. Sid always had time to talk even years after the guns were built, and he always seemed to have time for those interested in benchrest. He was a great guy, and I offer my condolences to his family and those who were closest to him.
    Mike and Rich Suhie

Yes

a terrible loss to his family and close friends and to everyone in the rifle and benchrest shooting community that had the good fortune to have made his acquaintance over the years. He was a class act from head to foot. My sympathy to his family.

I am fortunate to have two rifles Bench made by him ... a great gunsmith ... RIP