Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: National 4-09 Day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,112

    National 4-09 Day

    Not only do they have a song about it but a Holiday also.

    Later
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy 409 Day.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	22250  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    317
    And donít forget 4- 27 is another holiday.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53
    Love it, used to have that engine in 59 Chevy rag top.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SW Arkansas
    Posts
    174
    Beach Boys, She's real fine my 409, still have it on a "45" for those of us that
    remember records!!
    Regards,

    Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwolf1 View Post
    Love it, used to have that engine in 59 Chevy rag top.
    Did you put in there, replacing the 348?

    My old Hot Rod mentor Tommy Thacker had a pair of '62 409's that he ran at the old Houston Internatinal Raceway in Dickinson. One was red, the other white. The white one was indeed a "4 speed, duel quad, pos-traction" 409.

    Dave, I envy you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,112
    Jackie. You're a hot rod guy. Check out this 409 build. 955 HP 756 Tq. They make some neat aftermarket stuff today. There's bigger hp with good new technology out there at a lot cheaper price of admission but this is just old skool....

    http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/540ci-z12.41354/
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 04-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post
    Jackie. You're a hot rod guy. Check out this 409 build. 955 HP 756 Tq. They make some neat aftermarket stuff today. There's bigger hp with good new technology out there at a lot cheaper price of admission but this is just old skool....

    http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/540ci-z12.41354/
    Awesome.

    I would love to see the compression, cam specs, and port flow numbers on that thing.

    My guess would be 13 to 1, cam at 265 to 270 at .050, around .700 lift.

    To make that power at 7300, the port flow has to be in the 400+ cfm range at .600 lift.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 04-10-2019 at 06:26 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe McNeill View Post
    Beach Boys, She's real fine my 409, still have it on a "45" for those of us that
    remember records!!
    Regards,

    Joe McNeill
    SW Arkansas
    My wife recorded my old 45 .78 rpm records onto discs. I enjoy playing them in the shop.

    My oldest car record is a 78 titled Buick 59. Inspite of the title it was recorded in 52 53. I was still in Junior high but really into music.

    Mort

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    167
    Sure made my 27 scoot down the road.
    Boy I sure do miss my toys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5B1FE78D-D9FB-4D78-92EE-C3DF53358087.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	580.9 KB 
ID:	22272  

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Did you put in there, replacing the 348?

    My old Hot Rod mentor Tommy Thacker had a pair of '62 409's that he ran at the old Houston Internatinal Raceway in Dickinson. One was red, the other white. The white one was indeed a "4 speed, duel quad, pos-traction" 409.

    Dave, I envy you.
    Jackie yes one of the few things my dad actually helped me with. Would have been about 1967 and it was out of a wrecked car, one of his brothers had.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    78

    409 cui

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post
    Not only do they have a song about it but a Holiday also.

    Later
    Dave
    I had a biology teacher in high school that owned a 1961 Impala bubble top 409 ,4speed. early 1960's. Rumor was it had two 12 volts in the trunk. Never seen it start and run in the Iowa winters. beautiful, rare car . No SS insignia, no bucket seats.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Down By the Cedar River
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockranger View Post
    I had a biology teacher in high school that owned a 1961 Impala bubble top 409 ,4speed. early 1960's. Rumor was it had two 12 volts in the trunk. Never seen it start and run in the Iowa winters. beautiful, rare car . No SS insignia, no bucket seats.
    If it was an original 409 car it would be worth a pile of cash today. They only built 142 with the 409. There were 453 Super Sports built.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    Sure made my 27 scoot down the road.
    Boy I sure do miss my toys
    I feel for ya.....don't have mine anymore too.

    What's in the 36?

    Mort

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    I feel for ya.....don't have mine anymore too.

    What's in the 36?

    Mort
    Its a 37. Just a dressed up 350/350 combo. That was a head turner for sure.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    Its a 37. Just a dressed up 350/350 combo. That was a head turner for sure.
    Got it....so it is the 37/38 grill that are similar. No matter....both rigs are head turners.

    Mort

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •