Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical Question (I Hope)

Quote Originally Posted by vtmarmot View Post

It scares me when government enacts legislation rapidly. One party rule is my worst nightmare. If congress is getting nothing done, at least they're not making things worse.
    Most of the countries that can vote instant bans on civil liberties have Parlimentary Government's. That means the Law of the Land is what any majority can agree upon at any moment.

Here in the US, our laws have to withstand Constitutional muster. That pesky "Bill of Rights" gets in the way of the petty whims of politicians and demagogues who believe that people are here to serve the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Casner View Post
    Sometimes when they get stuff done we get stuff like the 68 gun control act. Doug
    I hear you Doug and you made a good point. I feel todays situation is worse and we need affirmitive action to prevent further restrictions.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    I hear you Doug and you made a good point. I feel todays situation is worse and we need affirmitive action to prevent further restrictions.

Mort
    My dad had a ffl back in the early 70s. A lot of his customers would say what the hell is that, when they had to fill out a yellow sheet. They made it so you couldn't buy a gun across state lines unless you had a ffl. LBJ signed it in to law. Yes, take action as long as it helps us, Im leary anytime the congress acts. Doug