Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First attempt to make wind flags. Prototype pics included.

Port wine Red
    Left four letters Port

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Lambert View Post
    Only in the USA they have the red and green reversed. What colors are port and starboard?
    So far, only in the USA, do I shoot.
    I truly consider mine and the brt's to be at the top of the heap.

Now everyone go ahead and pile on, with your favorites and why, but that's how I see it and I don't think third place is even close. The brt's have their colors opposite to mine. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with either one. JMHO.

If I ever travel overseas to shoot, I do have some that I mistakenly put the colors on the wrong sides of. I might take those with me.

(Actually, I put the vinyl on in big sheets. They were placed on the laser upside down when cut out. Of course that made them backwards....for here)

I'd be all for a "cruise ship match". Who's in?

The best

The best is the orignal ask the man who has most hall of fame pts and i orignaqted them bill brawand

Quote Originally Posted by bbrawand View Post
    The best is the orignal ask the man who has most hall of fame pts and i orignaqted them bill brawand
    Well...you were first. If you bought my flags, just box them up and send them back. I'll give your money back if you're not satisfied. That should solve that.
    If you don't have them...well, you should try them.

Sorry for not responding lately, I had to get my tax information together for my first year as a small business. Whoo I survived. My flags seem to work quite well at telling the switch. I think that they will function just fine for our small local matches as long as I can learn to use them.

Mike Bryant I will keep that advice in mind while I attempt to learn to read the wind. I've been doing a good bit of reading on the subject and so far the best advice I can find is get out and shoot as often as you can when the wind is blowing. I just ordered 6000 rounds of lower end RWS to practice with and to start teaching my 9 year old with. I just hope it flies good out of my suhl that I'm going to get familiar with when it warms up.

Mike Ezell, I absolutely agree that hanging out with my dad is better than anything else. Since my Dad just recently closed his shop in downstate Illinois due to Chicago politics he has been a little stir crazy. I just helped him set up a grizzly mill to go with his little lathe but I need projects to keep him busy. Hence the wind flags. But now he almost has them finished I need something else to keep the best dad ever occupied. I don't want him to slow down anymore or I'll be wheeling his butt out to the range tied down with some ratchet straps in the back of the Yoda. Also you were asking about my equipment so while I was out at dads I took some pics.

What I have here in no particular order or direction unless i can figure out how to turn these pics.
    WALTHER KKM this is the rifle i bought but dad stole.$450
    REMINGTON 37 custom rifle. No name on that particular barrel. I had the shilen on it. I'm selling this one. The canjar trigger is awesome but not for benchrest. If only the light pull...$600
    REMINGTON 37 original. I love this rifle. It's my safe queen. Someone molested the action by d&t scope bases and leaving her in a case long enough to get minor freckling. Other than that she is beautiful and I got it a year ago for $500
    SHILEN 4 grove ratchet that was on the 37 but might get fit to the suhl. $150
    CUSTOM REST not sure of the maker. I got this heavy hunk of steel from a retired shooter in Michigan. He said an engineer from Chrysler built it. Its rock solid with no wobble. I'm making a delrin top to hold the suhl stock solidly.
    SUHL 150. This is my newest one to replace the custom 37. Itll be two or three more weeks before it's ready to shoot. It came with 2 original stocks so I modified one with a three inch delrin ride plate, and a ton of sanding to make the stock wedged to ride the bags.

Well scratch that, I'll post pics when I get better phone signal. It runs a little slow out here in the sticks but I wouldn't have it any other way. And to anyone who is talking any sort of crap on Mike Ezells flags, that was whose flags I would have gotten had I not decided to build my own. And I'm still considering getting one to make sure my flags are flying true because I believe that he makes one of the best flags out there after hours of my own research.

Thank you and I wish you and your dad the very best.--Mike

I got signal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190312_152501.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	22159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190312_151708.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	22160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190312_151850.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	22161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190312_151802.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	22162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190312_151309.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	22163  

Neat stuff...enjoy! -Al

Quote Originally Posted by Saigashooter View Post
    I got signal.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    Very nice!
    I have realized as I've gotten a little older how much I enjoy collecting and shooting old target rifles. The saying that they dont make them like they used to seems readily apparent when handling the old guns compared to newer offerings. I have a Steven's 416 coming my way in a week or so. And I've been getting a twitch for a BSA martini. The newer guns just seem to be lacking class.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigashooter View Post
    I have realized as I've gotten a little older how much I enjoy collecting and shooting old target rifles. The saying that they dont make them like they used to seems readily apparent when handling the old guns compared to newer offerings. I have a Steven's 416 coming my way in a week or so. And I've been getting a twitch for a BSA martini. The newer guns just seem to be lacking class.
    I do appreciate the older high quality guns a lot and I think you'll love a nice Martini. Personally, I'm not really a collector but more of a shooter. I find that my preference is toward newer technology and I'm always looking for a small improvement over what we have always done and how we do it. It's still amazing how some of the old stuff shoots and you're right...the new stuff generally just doesn't have the same feel of a well made old treasure.

Better you can see

Ball is too small better you can better you will shoot large daisy no bearings only one tail good luck bill brawand origanator