Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BR scale recommendations

Rubber Cap

Thanks for the photo Kyle. I misplaced mine. That little cap prevents powder from tricking down on the platen, while you're away.
    I don't know if it was the intent of RCBS to include that little cap, for that purpose, but that's what I've used it for.

Glenn

Bro.D the chargemaster lite is a nice unit to get. I have the chargemaster 1500 and just bought the chargemaster lite, I carry it in my loading trailer when I go to my shoots, its more convenient to carry around than my 1500. If you decide to get one call brownells they are on sale right now $219 with free shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F364F19-C796-4B9D-97A7-265D13659A2C.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	22006  
    Last edited by gabe ledesma; 02-10-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Just to add to Gabe's Comments

$219 for the Lite is a very good price. I was able to get mine for $199 on sale at Natchez last September. Their current price is $245 and they are out of stock so if you need something immediately, the Brownells deal is your best option.

Also, just so you are aware, you may find the older Chargemaster 1500 on closeout pricing here and there. RCBS has discontinued that unit. Repair options, even during the warranty period, would be uncertain. So, if you decide to purchase anything, the Lite, which is a fine unit, would be your best investment. Good luck.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    a lite to feed my a&d fx120i
    that would be a setup!

ok the good news is the code on the site
    is 10% and free shipping.

and you guys put me in debt again!
    Last edited by retired; 02-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    a lite to feed my a&d fx120i
    that would be a setup!

ok the good news is the code on the site
    is 10% and free shipping.

and you guys put me in debt again!
    I think that the first time we all shot a bench gun and shot that amazing small group we put all ourselves in debt,Is that an addiction or an obsession?
    Last edited by gabe ledesma; 02-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe ledesma View Post
    I think that the first time we all shot a bench gun and shot that amazing small group we put all ourselves in debt,Is that an addiction or an obsession?
    Obsessive compulsive addiction disorder.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 02-10-2019 at 10:38 PM.

throwing charges

Does anyone still throw charges?

a better question,
    does anyone throw and win ?
    or better
    what thrower do they use if they throw and win ?
    and best version
    what thrower with what powder do they use if they throw and win ?

Quote Originally Posted by chino69 View Post
    Does anyone still throw charges?

RCBS Rebate Program

scale

Thanks for the replies fellas. At this point I'm going to go with the Chargemaster Lite. I think Mike is right that we sometimes obsess over the speck in the ointment. A main reason that I am going this way is that due to the way I tune my gun. Weight works better in my head than clicks. To me weight stays the same (as long as you calibrate your scale) while clicks is a moving target because of temp throughout the day. Anyway...thanks! If I find anything of interest I'll let you know. Bro.D

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Schultz View Post
    I wonder if the "manual trickle" is actually manual or do you push a button like on the RCBS.

between frankfort arsenal ( midway sub company) and rcbs, i'll take rcbs most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Schultz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bro.D View Post
    Thanks for the replies fellas. At this point I'm going to go with the Chargemaster Lite. I think Mike is right that we sometimes obsess over the speck in the ointment. A main reason that I am going this way is that due to the way I tune my gun. Weight works better in my head than clicks. To me weight stays the same (as long as you calibrate your scale) while clicks is a moving target because of temp throughout the day. Anyway...thanks! If I find anything of interest I'll let you know. Bro.D
    Bro is actually shopping a handy powder dispenser...... to all of you'se reading this from outside the competition shooting arena, this isn't really a "scale" in the term often used by long range benchresters..... this is a handy powder thrower for 100-300-300yd shooting. It's no more accurate than a Lee Perfect Powder Measure but it's WIKKID more handy and usable for certain things. Like working up loads.

"BR Scale means two completely different things to 100/200 BR shooters VS 600/1000 BR shooters. I'm one of the guys that uses a CM to dispense into identically weighted pans (4) from which I trickle onto my "scale" with my fingertips getting loads down to the single kernel.

unless I'm dropping 133 for a PPC..... in which case 5-10 kernels don't mean squat

I'm an A&D dealer. If you need a better price on a scale, I can usually beat any online price.

Michael