Thread: neck turning

neck turning

how many of you neck turn there cases 3 times each before shooting them.iread in ps that you take small amouys off for 2 turns shoot a stiff load to square up bases then take of another small amout to finish givening you a perfect case for the chamber.how is this differt today to get perfect cases to get tight groups.
    gary b

A lot of folks turn more than once, but I never turned more than once unless I goofed. Quite frankly, I don't think any degree of accuracy in the process of neck turning makes a difference in how well the rifle shoots. I could also be wrong...but not a lot wrong. As long as the loaded rounds have a little clearance you're good to go...but again, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    A lot of folks turn more than once, but I never turned more than once unless I goofed. Quite frankly, I don't think any degree of accuracy in the process of neck turning makes a difference in how well the rifle shoots. I could also be wrong...but not a lot wrong. As long as the loaded rounds have a little clearance you're good to go...but again, that's just me.

Yes Sir!