Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Luby,s Cafeterias.....you just lost my business.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    For what it is worth, the Texas Law takes the matter completely out of the hands of local officials.

Texas Law is defined as a "shall" law. It states that if an applicant meets the requirements, He or She shall be issued a Permit. No asking the Sheriff or anyone else's permission.
    That's what we have here now too. Constitutional Carry got set back because someone neglected to get it published in newspapers as required.

https://patch.com/iowa/ames/s/gljbm/...tm_content=aol
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 01-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Our County Sheriff was denying them all until he caught allot of flack of not being able to protect ones on because be couldn't keep up with the crime and knew he wouldnt get re-elected and then started approving them all.

They tried that crap out here about "gotta' have a reason".... my wife got licensed in something like 36 states but was hung up on getting OR, which is literally 20 miles away from us, PORTLAND that is.

Oregon had this "gotta' have a reason" thing going on, I said go tell him your reason is "you want to carry a gun."

They issued it, no fuss.

Since't there's religion in this thread..... I'll share another view. I don't think those officials are typically "being obstructive" nor do they even "have a liberal agenda"... they're just larcenous, and dumb. Jesus said "forgive them for they know not what they do"

I'm trying

LOL

al

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Having trouble finding the cite to your statement? That doesn't surprise me.
    That's because in some oblique manner he's justifying preaching from the Holy Bible ("the book") but without referring to it by name, "The Book," or "The Holy Bible" or "The Good Book" and it's "He who sacrificed"....... upper case, as in "He" or "Him" or "God" or "Yahweh" ......

Lois.J, you gonna' preach.... PREACH MAN!! ........ if you claim belief then do your God a favor, capitalize His name

And I too am waiting with bated breath for a cite.

+1

Upon Further Reflection

Regarding post # 56 ("From where does that call come?"), I may have misconstrued post # 54. Based on the second and third sentences of post 54 (Carrying or not goes well beyond protecting ones ownself or family. It should also include protecting those innocent folks who maybe helpless at the moment and in dire need that are around you), I considered the context of the questioned text (be willing to lay down ones life so that another might live) as being that of sacrificing ones actual living/breathing life (as in dead or alive) so that someone else's actual living/breathing life might continue.

Upon further reflection, I realize that its possible that the questioned text may have been referring to a less dramatic idea, i.e., that of going out of ones way to help another person. If that was the point of the questioned text, my apologies for having raised the question.

Just look at it as being the same as what out our brave soldiers are being called to do. Anything based on my own beliefs could and would just be used as a good excuse and just not the time or the right place.

Regarding post # 56 ("From where does that call come?"), I may have misconstrued post # 54. Based on the second and third sentences of post 54 (Carrying or not goes well beyond protecting ones ownself or family. It should also include protecting those innocent folks who maybe helpless at the moment and in dire need that are around you), I considered the context of the questioned text (be willing to lay down ones life so that another might live) as being that of sacrificing ones actual living/breathing life (as in dead or alive) so that someone else's actual living/breathing life might continue.

Upon further reflection, I realize that its possible that the questioned text may have been referring to a less dramatic idea, i.e., that of going out of ones way to help another person. If that was the point of the questioned text, my apologies for having raised the question.
    Soooo, Hunter..... since you insist on continuing your line of enquiry (preaching) ...... DID or DID NOT those "brave" (your perspective) men who risked their lives and those "heroes" (Again, trying to emulate your perspective) who lost their lives saving (or meddling with?) the lives of others when the World Trade Center buildings were aeroplaned (or, blown up by our goob'mint) exhibit a character of (be willing to lay down ones life so that another might live) ???

A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice (altho I do so enjoy your fledgling flights)

al, one of us might be lost. I didn't know I had been "preaching" -- I don't recall using the words "brave" or "heroes"; I asked:

1. From where did that call come? Post 56
    2. I said I wasn't sure it was from my conscience. # 58
    3. I asked for a cite. # 60
    4. I said I wasn't surprised that no cite had been given. # 66
    5. I apologized if I had missed his point. # 81

Are you sure your question is directed to me?

Well let's examine this shall we...... I start with "Soooo, Hunter".....

is there another "Hunter" in the room?

Obfuscation, misdirection and studied bewilderment work well in front of a jury but there's no jury here....

Sooooo, Hunter,

I've asked a simple question;

'yes?' or

'no?"

Please explain how my post # 81 was a continuation of my "line of enquiry (preaching)" -- it looks to me like an acknowledgement of a possible misinterpretation on my part.

You said the words "brave" and "heroes" were my perspective, please explain how those are my perspective.

It looks to me like your post # 83 was meant for Louis.J.

BTW, I'll respond to your question after you clarify the above confusion.

I don't have to "explain" anything, I asked a simple question and,

I asked first.

There is no "confusion"..... we're both being perfectly clear.

BTW I didn't EXPECT you could answer, but that was a guess, now it too is clear..... (Altho this delusion that "I might be addressing the wrong person" persists!)

LOL

al

al, you're so far over my head I can't see your vapor trail.
    You were asking Louis.J whether or not he would lay down his life for another.

I find this to be inexcusably rude, none of your business, but your deeper question seems to be "does anyone actually do this?" You're picking on the man in a public forum, asking him to somehow "justify" or provide a cite for this type of belief.....

I despise peripheral allusions and oblique references so I ask you.... DID THOSE FIREFIGHTERS GIVE THEIR LIVES IN SERVICE TO OTHERS, WILLINGLY???

Louis.J used soldiers, I'm using those firemen.....Did they DIE to save others' lives?

No, to be clear, I'm not referring to the "less dramatic" idea of "going out of ones' way to help another" ....(wheee)..... I'm asking you, since you've stated that "your conscience" wouldn't make you protect a stranger with your life......do you believe that others are the same? I happen to have known a man who saved another, a total stranger and it cost him his life.

Is your problem with the concept of giving one's life to protect a stranger?

Or is your disputation with the term "conscience?"

Just SAY IT! This "question with a question" thing gets nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    You were asking Louis.J whether or not he would lay down his life for another.
    I did not ask Louis.J that question; maybe I'm over your head?

I did not ask Louis.J that question; maybe I'm over your head?
    perty hard to tell NOW!!

(figgered I'd save this one, where it's ME who's the silly.....)

LOL

al

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    perty hard to tell NOW!!
    Why is that? I haven't deleted anything related to this subject that is not shown in your posts above.
    Last edited by Hunter; 01-18-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Not supporting the anti gun crowd

I personally try to stay away from any business that seeks to affect and support the anti gun agenda. Unfortunately, the media is complicit in painting a very narrow picture of gun owners. Many urban dwellers have never owned a firearm and their only frame of reference is when there is a chalk line around an inner city shooting victim. Dick's, who made a nice profit from their arms sales, has found it is not good business to isolate a certain law abiding segment of society who enjoy the shooting sports.