Thread: Kudos to Kelbly's

Kudos to Kelbly's

I just wanted to give a shout out to Kelbly's customer service.

Last month while fire forming I ran into a bad batch of primers I think and ended up with some etching on my bolt face. I asked Jim if they could take a look at it and even though there were no mechanical or safety concerns, he said send it in. They ended up cleaning it up and had it back within a few days, for the cost of return shipping.

While it was out, I got to thinking it might be a good idea to have a spare bolt on hand. I already had a spare firing pin assembly so I placed an order for another bolt body. Three weeks later it arrived in the mail with an invoice. Not too many companies would do that!

I also wanted to let everyone know, because this was news to me, that they're now offering the sako extractor as an option on their bolts. I had Alex Wheeler do the sako modification on my first bolt and with a few coils removed from the ejector spring it's been 100% reliable and never throws a case clear off the table.

An extra bonus for me was this bolt came with spiral fluting. I know that's standard but my first bolt had a solid body. Much to my surprise, it saved me a full ounce of weight, which paired with combination (double screw front, single screw rear) Loh rings, now allows me to make 10.5lbs with the new Valdada 36x I just picked up. Pretty stoked all the way around!

Thank you Jim and Ian for living up to your reputation for unbeatable customer service.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PandaSakoBF.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	21891  
    Last edited by B_Rob85; 01-08-2019 at 09:23 PM.