Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refused @ UPS

Long haul over the road truck drivers can make a very substantial income, if they are willing to be away from home most nights and rack up a lot of overtime and holiday pay. There is no such thing as free shipping. It is built into the cost or the seller wouldn't make any money. Take a look at the price of an item on Optics Planet with FREE FREIGHT and the price of the same item on MidwayUSA where you usually pay freight. Drive to the store, pick up what you want and you will not pay freight but you will pay in time, gas and in most cases sales tax with few exceptions.

Bob

bad example
    i just bought 2 sets of burris signature 30mm rings. checked 3 places.
    optic planet with free shipping was cheaper than the other 2( midway was 1) BEFORE adding their shipping.

if you do volume shipping you get a big discount.
    midway has a ups trailer on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Long haul over the road truck drivers can make a very substantial income, if they are willing to be away from home most nights and rack up a lot of overtime and holiday pay. There is no such thing as free shipping. It is built into the cost or the seller wouldn't make any money. Take a look at the price of an item on Optics Planet with FREE FREIGHT and the price of the same item on MidwayUSA where you usually pay freight. Drive to the store, pick up what you want and you will not pay freight but you will pay in time, gas and in most cases sales tax with few exceptions.

Bob

And there is a high demand

because many millennials entering the work force have bad driving records, drug convictions or can't pass the FMCA mandated drug test. So what do the poor babies do? Come to places like Maine and get free health care(just signed into law by our new uber liberal democrat governor, snap card, rent and heat assistance. Geesh!

I'm glad I'm old

We saw the best and didn't recognize what we were seeing.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    bad example
    i just bought 2 sets of burris signature 30mm rings. checked 3 places.
    optic planet with free shipping was cheaper than the other 2( midway was 1) BEFORE adding their shipping.

if you do volume shipping you get a big discount.
    midway has a ups trailer on their property.
    For rings and bases I can usually find them cheaper on eBay than Optics Planet or Midway. I bought some Leupold rings for about $37 shipped on eBay that were around $75 at Optics Planet.

Fed Ex

Did you try FedEx, I have shipped several with them and no problems.

ebay on its money clone paypal are anti gun. i do not business with anti gun companies.
    they claim their gun stance is based on legal issues, but tons of gun companies operate on the web, and a review just said no illegal deals found.
    bottom line they are antigun

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    For rings and bases I can usually find them cheaper on eBay than Optics Planet or Midway. I bought some Leupold rings for about $37 shipped on eBay that were around $75 at Optics Planet.

Just out of curiosity, gid you call the gun company to see if they took care of all proper documentation and should have allowed home pickup in the first place ?

ebay on its money clone paypal are anti gun. i do not business with anti gun companies.
    they claim their gun stance is based on legal issues, but tons of gun companies operate on the web, and a review just said no illegal deals found.
    bottom line they are antigun
    They don't seem to mind raking in fees from selling scopes, dies and other shooting related items. Craigslist users can be PITAs too. I had a post removed for showing picture of [I assume] a loaded .357 mag round to show what a profile crimp looks like. Otherwise the ad was for empty ammo boxes.
    Last edited by antelopedundee; 01-10-2019 at 12:32 AM.

craigs list it a bit different. they are NOT the seller/nor take a profit from the sale. while they are radical in their enforcement, i understand. like they got rid of the bodies for hire section.
    Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    They don't seem to mind raking in fees from selling scopes, dies and other shooting related items. Craigslist users can be PITAs too. i had a post removed for showing picture of [I assume] a loaded .357 mag round to show what a profile crimp looks like. Otherwise the ad was for empty ammo boxes.

craigs list it a bit different. they are NOT the seller/nor take a profit from the sale. while they are radical in their enforcement, i understand. like they got rid of the bodies for hire section.
    I have had powder for sale there that's still up. The issue is doofusses who can't read and understand what an empty ammo box is.

Well, the driver didn't have any issues

he scanned the label and sped off, no issues, no questions.

A day late but the Mfgr. sent me a copy of their shipping license SO, there is licensing involved. I likely was wrong to be so harsh with the lad at the depot. Mebby some day I'll go back and apologize to him, show him the license. When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. The Mfgr. did say it was unusual for anyone to question one of their shipping labels, being contracted and all.

Pete

High cost!!

Had a small package-1/2 oz over 1 pound.

$19.40 to send to my son just 100 miles away.

Said wed deliver ourselves and had dinner w/ son and family.

Had a package delivered today. Was in town(postoffice) yesterday. Mailman delivered today.
    I believe when I ship a package they ask residence or business? Residence costs more as they let the PO deliver. Costs more and takes a day longer. Gtreaytt system.

UPS workers are very well paid. Someone has to pay em.
    Last edited by langenc; 01-29-2019 at 09:47 PM.