Thread: straight vs curved triggers

straight vs curved triggers

Hello everyone.
    I am in the process of ordering pieces for a new hunting rifle. (please note: Hunting not Hunter) I have a specific question on which trigger design.
    I am set on the Calvin Elite - Timney trigger. I am deciding on the straight vs curved trigger. I have never shot the straight trigger - but it looks pretty cool. Any opinions on the straight vs the curved versions for a hunting rifle?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Stanley

i have a calvin and i like it.
    it is on a field gun, curved.

I'm thinkin'....what functional difference would there be in either trigger? I'm also thinkin' you need to get whichever trigger you want.

My thinking.... the straight trigger on a hunting gun would give a little more room in the trigger guard if you were wearing a light glove.

For me, it would depend on what the likely hunting tempís will be. I would want the curved trigger for cold weather when my trigger finger might be a little less sensitive. The curved trigger would provide more surface contact area than a straight trigger and therefore more feeling to a cold finger. For warm weather hunting such as prairie dog shooting, I think the straight trigger would be fine.