Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have a Nielson Neck Turner They Wish to Sell?

Anyone Have a Nielson Neck Turner They Wish to Sell?

Guys,

I'm looking for another Nielson Neck Turner. Will take any mandrel caliber model you may have available to sell...

Please let me know if you have one you wish to sell...

Thanks!

Jack Neary
    Cell: 440-590-5299

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Neary View Post
    Guys,

I'm looking for another Nielson Neck Turner. Will take any mandrel caliber model you may have available to sell...

Please let me know if you have one you wish to sell...

Thanks!

Jack Neary
    Cell: 440-590-5299
    I seem to remember seeing a picture of Speedy Gonzolaz with a suitcase full of them.

Note, isn't that is the Pumpkin turner??

It is...

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySharrett View Post
    Note, isn't that is the Pumpkin turner??
    they are no longer being made?

Tried to buy a Nielson Pumpkin Turner a few years ago. There weren't any! So I was talking to a friend of mine that had just bought a bunch of BR stuff out of an estate sale that had a Pumpkin Copy made by Jerry Stiller, so I bought it and use it several times a year. Now I wasn't involved in BR shooting at the time but was told by several old timers that the supply of Pumpkin Turners has always been sketchy so Jerry Stiller started making them and got sued or somehow stopped from producing them. The really nutty thing about this sort of stuff is that once you use the pumpkin nothing else is close so if Nielson can't supply them why doesn't he make a deal with somebody to make them and supply them so when a guy wanted one he could buy it? This is the kind of crap that drives people trying to get in the game nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    they are no longer being made?
    Thats what is was told by email from Bruno's shooting supplies as well.

That's

Quote Originally Posted by FBecigneul View Post
    Youíd have to know Don Nielsen to know the answer to your question, Pablo.
    what I have heard Francis. Yes Stiller did make some knock offs of Nielsen's turner, but not sure if he got sued or not. Stiller made nice stuff but most was knock offs. I have 2 Nielsens but ain't interested in selling. If I didn't have one I wouldn't hesitate to buy a K&M though. Bonne Annee!

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    what I have heard Francis. Yes Stiller did make some knock offs of Nielsen's turner, but not sure if he got sued or not. Stiller made nice stuff but most was knock offs. I have 2 Nielsens but ain't interested in selling. If I didn't have one I wouldn't hesitate to buy a K&M though. Bonne Annee!

Have had two K&M and their fine if all you want to do is clean up a neck, if you want to remove much material they aren't worth much.

I got in touch with Don a couple months ago about a neck checker and was told he couldn't help me out.

I wanted one as well but i think i will try a PMA tool.

Pumpkin neck turner

I lucked out several months ago and acquired a pumpkin.
    Turns the best neck I ever produced. I have three PMA tools and they are ok but not a pumpkin.
    If Don Neilson donít make them no more whatís the problem with someone with the skills to reproduce them. Whatís the problem.

What makes is so much better than the PMA or a 21st Century?

Pumpkin

Quote Originally Posted by TrxR View Post
    What makes is so much better than the PMA or a 21st Century?
    I canít explain the difference but Iíve trimmed with both and the pumpkin just does a better job.
    That being said the pumpkin is a little tricker to set up. Donít get me wrong Pma is a great tool and easy to set up . If you ever use a pumpkin you want use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajshooter View Post
    I lucked out several months ago and acquired a pumpkin.
    Turns the best neck I ever produced. I have three PMA tools and they are ok but not a pumpkin.
    If Don Neilson donít make them no more whatís the problem with someone with the skills to reproduce them. Whatís the problem.
    The problem is that nobody wants to pay the price to keep a company afloat. I had mine for sale and everybody wanted the profit, but nobody wanted to work the two or three years to make a return on their investment. I let the company go on it's own accord and this is what happened. I ended up de-solving the company and payed about 200.00 to destroy it. Never to look back. OH WELL! to this day I get phone calls wanting product, my attitude, so sad, bye bye.
    Bill Gammon

Bill, I used to sell carbide bushings in 3 different calibers. Tried to accommodate too many sizes and it just wouldn't justify it. 10-12 different sizes for 22, 243, 6.5, and 30 cal.
    Butch