Thread: Floating dot reticle

Floating dot reticle

Hi All,

Just picked up a Valdada 36x with floating dot reticle. Always heard great things about this scope and the deal was too good to pass up, but I知 not sure how I値l like the floating dot (1/8 moa). Anyone here use one of these with that reticle in short range group competition? If so I壇 like to know what you thought of it?

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	911D0959-AB1C-466A-8D7F-8230FE2C953A.jpeg 
Views:	195 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	21814  

I don't like it but if you can see the dot it's good to go. We have our preferences but most any small reticle will work for group shooting...and work as good as any other. The major criteria is that a scope doesn't wander.

I once owned a Night Force 12X42 BR with both the 1/8 Dot and below it a 1/16 and loved it but I would have much preferred it just having the 1/16th. For myself the Dot represented where the bullet holes would be and per-say one dimensional. Never had to look at the cross hairs and then try to align their intersection with the target but only the Dot and it worked out very well for me.

JLouis

I have that scope & reticle...

Quote Originally Posted by B_Rob85 View Post
    Hi All,

Just picked up a Valdada 36x with floating dot reticle. Always heard great things about this scope and the deal was too good to pass up, but I知 not sure how I値l like the floating dot (1/8 moa). Anyone here use one of these with that reticle in short range group competition? If so I壇 like to know what you thought of it?

Brian
    I shoot 100, 200 group and score at club level.
    I was used to FCH, and 1/8" dot and FCH so there was a short learning curve with it for me. I really like the scope a lot and am impressed with the clarity and accuracy of adjustments on it. Seems to me like every shooter has a preference for type of reticle. Some have a extremely strong preference for the type of reticle they use. So it would be difficult for me to tell you whether you'll like it or not. JME. WD