Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F y i

yes no bolt hole alignment issues between mounting lugs/studs and the 4 adjusting bolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Shaw View Post
    With the raised center, thatís where the adjustment bolts push against for a set true. You took advantage of it and tapped your holes in it, instead of drilling through the entire radius to the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    Not a bad plan except I don't buy much from Brownells.

Pete
    I've ordered cases .22 ammo from them under that program. I buy a lot of stuff for AR's, 1911's. If you haven't visited their site for a while, they're even selling firearms. As with any of these dealers you gotta shop prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    What I had in mind. I was thinking One could make plugs for the existing holes in the Grizzly and flip the spider to minimize the visual effect of the plugged holes. I had also thought of countersinking screws from the back side of the plate to hide them. I do have a good 5/16 counterbore so I can do that.

Pete
    The holes on the back of the adapter I'm using are countersunk. So, i'll be drilling and tapping the back of the spider. The M8 1.25 30mm fit perfectly in the adapter and 30mm length on the screws will be just right. I hefted the four jaw last night and it's not that heavy, so I'll go ahead and carve the recess in the back of the spider. Don't think I'll worry about the unused holes in the spider. Function over form.

My thinking too:

Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    The holes on the back of the adapter I'm using are countersunk. So, i'll be drilling and tapping the back of the spider. The M8 1.25 30mm fit perfectly in the adapter and 30mm length on the screws will be just right. I hefted the four jaw last night and it's not that heavy, so I'll go ahead and carve the recess in the back of the spider. Don't think I'll worry about the unused holes in the spider. Function over form.
    I don't do Youtubes or have an audience when I'm working on my lathe so whatever works is my mantra.

Pete