Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repeal the Anti-Hunter Amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Flash -- Of the above responses, nine of them clearly answer my question, and the "Nays" outnumber the "Yeas" 8-1. I wonder if that is a good reflection of the feelings of the entire membership. This reminds me of the chasm between Dems and Repubs -- they simply don't understand each other.

Matt, your analysis as expressed in the first sentence is incorrect; the amendment changed what was already "wrote."

BTW, other than me, can you name one former member who has rejoined since the Rodney Brown mess hit the fan?
    Sir,
    Nothing personal but yeah it was just clerified. You just choose to not see it that way.
    And I never said I knew anyone that rejoined. Just another point you see it the way you want.

Why dont you think about what I said
    “You destroy your future by living in the past. But how can you move away from the past if its the first thing mentioned”

Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    Why dont you think about what I said
    “You destroy your future by living in the past. But how can you move away from the past if its the first thing mentioned”
    Well said Matt. A couple of these threads have done much more harm than good to the NBRSA. Most of that by a miniorty of people, of which I wonder how many are shooters and members.

Ok, now the Perry Mason types can make the points and tell me what I said.

We don't need this crap all winter.

Later
    Dave

This is a perfect example of why nobody wants to take these positions. You will never make everyone happy.
    Joe Hynes

A point well put and one that should not be taken lightly. Having been a match director for seven years all though a bit off topic. I did everything within in my power to keep each and every competitor happy. Tell me what you want and I will make it happen! Impossible task some wanted to go north, some south, a few east and the same west. There was no compromise but only more bitching and complaining so I quit. Now here is where the real problem arises no one wants to take over and run the matches themselves so what happened to the matches?

Louis, your story and mine sound more than a little similar to mine. When I started running matches at Harrison very few names helped out. Our son, grandson, Larry Feusse, and Al Walewski was it. No one else lifted a finger. It was the same old story,"Entertain us". The killer was when Little Joe, Steve Robbins, and a few others decided to start matches at Isabella County and on the same dates as the established and published dates at Harrison. Is this far from the truth Joe? So the numbers went from 22 per match at Harrison to about a total of 26 at Harrison and Isabella combined. After two years, Harrison quit for a year or two. We moved to Tawas Sportman's Club.
    What this has to do with Bill ((Hunter) and NBRSA is negligible except for the tie between ranges holding matches and the lack of working members. That would include those who run for and perform in elected positions. If you find someone who wants to work, embrace them. They are few in numbers.
    One factor different between Harrison and Isabella was that Harrison had moving backers for the group matches. Just saying.
    Last edited by FBecigneul; 12-04-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Francis,
    I had ABSOULATEY nothing to do with the matches moving to Winn.
    Don't even go down that road.
    Joe Hynes

Quote Originally Posted by Nader View Post
    So, you have an axe to grind with NBRSA and you want my help to do it ? NO.
    Joel Nader, member #85304
    I agree with Joel

Match Fees

We have a little club shoot on the 4th Sunday of each month. We get 12 to 16 shooters. Match fee is $10 and everyone helps with something. The shooters take the target frames out, we set the frames, we bring them back in. One or two of the guys pulls and sets new targets. One of the guys (who we all trust) measures targets, I input the scores and print results and the match director only has to call the match and hand out the printed trophy certificates at the end. Everyone including the match director has a great time.

When I pay $45 for a match, then I expect that money will be used to hire a crew so that I can sit back and watch things run.