Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Precisionshooting.com

The next question might be: Do they read the magazine? How will we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gammon View Post
    I was NOT going to get into this but consider this, 1500 magazines cost the same as 300, not per, but total overall cost. I am probably in left field, but you get the picture. So you will save money by using the internet, you will save money as to postage, but is it worth it? Not everyone is as computer savvy.
    The way things are going, you either get savvy enough or get out of the way. A cruel truth!

GREAT IDEA
    The NBRSA magazine is not working, it is too out of date on results
    Who wants to read results that are six months old.
    Benchrest Central will not work because of the limits it has on uploads, Bughole is very paper intense, so match results are in a file too big to post a pdf file

DAN

When I go to a Match, I always try to get some pictures and posts results here on Benchrest.com when I get home.

It's not difficult to do. If you have an IPhone or iPad, you can either take the picture and download it emmediatly through the Manage Attachment feature, or save it and download out of your files.
    Last edited by jackie schmidt; 11-19-2018 at 11:05 PM.

If you are on benchrest Central your Wi-Fi is just fine To read a Match reports on website.
    If NBRSA has has anything to do with that website itíll be a The same problems weíve always had.
    People trying to run something they know nothing about.
    Give it to a sight that supports its own revenue will always be 100% better . Thatís just good business .
    Sorry but no Internet itís just a sorry excuse to join the future of everything.
    And this bull about living in rule areas I do. 30 minutes to the grocery store .
    We have the technology to give everybody everything if you can afford to shoot you can afford Internet .

Nothing like painting everything with a broad brush. I think we need to let the NBRSA run the site and see how it goes. We have a board and directors, let them do their job.
    There sure is a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Richard

I have been shooting Nbrsa since 1984.
    I have been a director twice over the years
    For I donít remember how long each time.
    I was the assistant editor for the first Nbrsa
    Magazine back in the 90s with Fletcher Williams as
    Editor.
    If there one thing I have learned itís directors
    Donít know how to run things like websites or magazines.
    If they are involved it will be wrong.

Lou,

I know you have done alot for Benchrest and I truly do appreciate that. All I am saying is give the guys (and gals) a chance to show that they can do it right. If not, then talk about making changes.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by danl View Post
    GREAT IDEA
    The NBRSA magazine is not working, it is too out of date on results
    Who wants to read results that are six months old.
    Benchrest Central will not work because of the limits it has on uploads, Bughole is very paper intense, so match results are in a file too big to post a pdf file

DAN
    If someone would offer to post results, I would increase the file size. Where there's a will there's a way. Truth is, I didn't know the site wouldn't allow match results to be uploaded - school me a bit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    If someone would offer to post results, I would increase the file size. Where there's a will there's a way. Truth is, I didn't know the site wouldn't allow match results to be uploaded - school me a bit here.
    How big is the server? Is it in the basement or bathroom??? Secure or trafficking allowed?

I agree with Jackie. I even did it yesterday. http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?...uck-Green-wins
    Hey, it worked. First one was a "print to PDF". 2nd post was a picture.....

So wilbur says okie dokey.......

The difference between our magazine, our website and Benchrest Central is he gets no hits on the Internet unless you put the word benchrest in the search, thatís the real world.
    We should want to attract other interest from other discipline. When we were in precision shooting years ago. we used to have so many pages we could send in as much as we wanted to fill those pages. This is the way I found benchrest, was threw that magazine. We want exposure. Some day NBRSA will need to get in the 21st-century. We will never gain any growth doing the things weíve been doing that are wrong.
    We need change, otherwise weíre just going to be the good OíBoys.
    And just sit on the Internet and whine.

Years ago

the IBS membership included a subscription to the monthly magazine "Precision Shooting". That magazine eventually went by the wayside. IBS dues did not drop but they invested in a web master who would post results as fast as a greased pig slips through your hands, provided the match director sent them in. Most of the time this happens fairly quickly. The IBS now has a newly designed website with the same match results section. It is nice. They also have an affiliation with accurateshooter.com for some articles on really big matches, again provided someone sends in copy.

I miss Precision Shooting, but in general I think the money has been well spent on a good website.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    the IBS membership included a subscription to the monthly magazine "Precision Shooting". That magazine eventually went by the wayside. IBS dues did not drop but they invested in a web master who would post results as fast as a greased pig slips through your hands, provided the match director sent them in. Most of the time this happens fairly quickly. The IBS now has a newly designed website with the same match results section. It is nice. They also have an affiliation with accurateshooter.com for some articles on really big matches, again provided someone sends in copy.

I miss Precision Shooting, but in general I think the money has been well spent on a good website.

The IBS website is what others should aspire to be. Top notch and TIMELY!

I have been for the magazine and still might be. I just logged on to the IBS web site first time in along time a I must say very first class of posting the match results fast very easy to read and the pictures are of first rate quality one can even click on the results and print out a copy then send to a friend
    faster the getting the results from the magazine and click on a picture and save it to the computer or small drive and the have a hard copy made. I think I may have to do some mind changing.

Chet