Thread: JJ Loh front rest

JJ Loh front rest

Does anyone know if the JJ Loh front rest can be easily modified to accept rest tops like those used on the Fulgham rests.

TKH
    Last edited by tonykharper; 10-15-2020 at 01:16 PM.

JJ Rest

Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    Does anyone know if the JJ Loh front rest can be easily modified to accept rest tops like those used on the Fulgham rests.

TKH
    Hello Tony, Not familiar with those tops (personally) but I would imagine that if you could put at least 2 of these 4 holes into the tops you wanted to use it may work, But if you were wanting to use the posts as well then it would be a little more effort. This is the top of the JJ post and the bag plate, Thanks....J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0941.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	24067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0942.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	24068  

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Young View Post
    Hello Tony, Not familiar with those tops (personally) but I would imagine that if you could put at least 2 of these 4 holes into the tops you wanted to use it may work, But if you were wanting to use the posts as well then it would be a little more effort. This is the top of the JJ post and the bag plate, Thanks....J
    Jay,

Thank you for your response.

Does the entire center section, top plate, and post and wheel move when you dial the windage knob?

If so this will be pretty easy. The Fulghums bag trays just screw on to a plate with thumb screws.

It looks like all I would need to do is make a plate to fit the Fulghum trays and screw it on top of the existing JJ top plate.

I could then swap out the Fulghum 3 inch, and 2 1/4 bag trays and never need to mess with any of the movement mechanism.

Does this sound right?

TKH
    Last edited by tonykharper; 10-15-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Jay,

Thank you for your response.

Does the entire center section, top plate, and post and wheel move when you dial the windage knob?

If so this will be pretty easy. The Fulghums bag trays just screw on to a plate with thumb screws.

It looks like all I would need to do is make a plate to fit the Fulghum trays and screw it on top of the existing JJ top plate.

I could then swap out the Fulghum 3 inch, and 2 1/4 bag trays and never need to mess with any of the movement mechanism.

Does this sound right?

TKH
    Yes it all moves with the windage knob, Here is a pic of the unit more exposed hopefully this helps...J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0940.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	24069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0939.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	24070  

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Young View Post
    Yes it all moves with the windage knob, Here is a pic of the unit more exposed hopefully this helps...J
    Jay,

Thank you, you have been very helpful.

TKH

Jay,

Thank you, you have been very helpful.

TKH
    Not a problem, Take care,...J