WTB...Ian Owens Wind Flags

• Thread starter dardascastbulle
  • Start date
D

dardascastbulle

I am looking to purchase three of Ian Owens wind flags. The coroplast must have the red on the side when the wind is coming from the right 1.jpg and green from the left 2.jpg. And the propellers must have the red, white, and blue colors. Please do contact me if you are willing to sell them.

Matt

These look very nice,Ian can you let me know if you have a web site or how i can contact you for more info about these flags.
Thanks Remy:)

Mike, the flags Butch sells are not the same as my Kiwi flags.
The flags Butch sells have the colours reversed so that in a right to left wind you get the green vane facing you, this is the opposite of all the US made flags I have seen.

I don't know why but in Australia and New Zealand the flags display a green vane for a right to left wind, whereas in the US the red vane is displayed in a right to left wind, I assume this difference is because we had to be different, just like some of the LV?HV rules from the US and Australia are different.
I for one find this quite confusing and can imagine others in the US would also find this confusing so the flags I make for the US market and others have the colours the same way round as the US made flags.
At my first BR shoot the flags I took along were coloured the same as all the US flags I had seen in PS magazine.........all the other shooters complained so I changed my flags.........Ian

Nothing more confusing than having the colors opposite of what the rest of the field of flags is. Must be a northern hemisphere / southern hemisphere thing. Doesn't make much difference which way color is on which side as long as they are the same as the rest of the field.

Back