Wolf Primers

R

Rick Cain

Anyone tried them?The price looks good but only if they are useful at least for plinking loads.Would like to hear from someone who has used them before wasting my money.I like inexpensive things as long as there not cheap junk.:confused:

From 6mmBR

Primers
We wish we could say something definitive about primers--but the truth is both Federals and CCIs are winning their share of matches. Federal 210m, and CCI BR2s have both proven accurate with all the most popular propellants for match ammo. We can say that if you have experienced issues with cratering and primer piercing, go with the CCIs. They have a harder cup. Among other primers, WLRs are used in Black Hills match ammo and they perform admirably. Russian primers are the newest thing to hit the market, and by all indications they work as well or better than the best domestic primers (so long as the rather hard Russian cups are firmly seated to proper depth). Note, Russian primers are currently distributed by PMC and retailed in PMC boxes. However, PMC will not import them after the first of the year. AccurateShooter.com has been informed that a large, well-known foreign ammunition company will take over importation of the Russian primers and they should be readily available by the second quarter of 2006.

Just last Sunday at the Score match in Manassas Virginia, I got 2nd and 4th place at 100 yards (two different guns). I use Wolf Primers.....

Adrian

I just bought a batch of them based on comments by someone who's spent some time with them. I hope to try them in the next few days.

The Wolfs have a lot of fans in the long range prone game also. They seem to work well with Varget powder in the 308 cases.

Thanks to all for the replys.I am planning to buy some soon.:)

Rick;
If you intend to shoot the Wolf(ex-PMC) primer in a PPC go with the small rifle magnum primer. The standard small rifle primer has a much weaker cup and the primer will blank at pretty low load levels. I find them very consistant.

Mike Swartz

Rick;
If you intend to shoot the Wolf(ex-PMC) primer in a PPC go with the small rifle magnum primer. The standard small rifle primer has a much weaker cup and the primer will blank at pretty low load levels. I find them very consistant.

Mike Swartz

I just primed some .223 AI cases with that primer and when I dumped 50 in my Lee tool I had one of those center pieces of a primer in the tray, 49 turned up but one didn't, the one with out the little center piece missing. Never had that happen in all the primers I've used.

Tom

Are you saying a primer didn't have an anvil in it?? I've never had that experience. My estimation of the problem is that Ruskie QC may be lacking. They actually do quite nicely. The standard small rifle primer would be at home in a .22 Hornet.

Mike Swartz

I'm going with the Wolf small rifle magnums...

I shot some of the Wolf small rifle magnums today in my .30BR. I didn't shoot enough to say for sure (75 rounds) but I didn't find anything wrong with them at all. The rifle shot very well. Everything seemed consistent.

Back