Wind Flags

W

Wayne74

I would like some advice on wind flags, I need to buy some but don't want to buy something I don't need. What is a good brand that's not to expensive?

Thank you.
Wayne

Sticks with surveyors tape.
There is nothing cheap in br.
recreational or competition ??

I would like some advice on wind flags, I need to buy some but don't want to buy something I don't need. What is a good brand that's not to expensive?

Thank you.
Wayne

I use and highly recommend Graham flags or flying fish fundamentals flags...or any of the other flags marketed here by benchrest shooters.
If you haven't been to a match yet I would try to attend one and see what catches your eye. In the last few seasons I have come to appreciate flags a great deal...they will make or break you if you don't know how to read them and very few can read them well.
The best flags are the ones that "talk" to you. You just need to figure out what they are saying!!
Mike

Id get with david halblom of flying fish fundamentals or mike ezell and let them know your budget and see what they can do. Both are great guys

Tell davids better half (his beautiful bird dog) that i said hey. I wish we had birds around like we did when i was a kid. Had a dog just like that as a young lad

a8107.jpg

US Airforce uses them in the middle east launching drones.
16h4vq0.jpg

www.shadetreeea.com

Wicks Flags

Best flags out there are Wicks Flags. Many records broken shooting over Wicks Flags. Very accurate, easy read and the most sensitive. Give Ray Hill a call he is a great guy to deal with and he is a shooter himself. If you are looking for it, he can also give some of the best shooting advice around. I am sure he would be happy to hear from you today. Yes Sunday!

All the red and white flags (mostly white- left to right condition) are Wicks, doesn't that tell you something!
508-695-3373

Attachments

• 20150822_091857_resized.jpg
    20150822_091857_resized.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 20150822_091901_resized.jpg
    20150822_091901_resized.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 20150822_091924_resized.jpg
    20150822_091924_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 389
Wind flags

Any wind flag is better than none. I like a flag that will give me the exact angle of the incoming wind
The tried and proven Wicks Dual Vane wind flag does exactly that
Ray

Best flags out there are Wicks Flags. Many records broken shooting over Wicks Flags. Very accurate, easy read and the most sensitive. Give Ray Hill a call he is a great guy to deal with and he is a shooter himself. If you are looking for it, he can also give some of the best shooting advice around. I am sure he would be happy to hear from you today. Yes Sunday!

All the red and white flags (mostly white- left to right condition) are Wicks, doesn't that tell you something!
508-695-3373

William,

I could be wrong here, but those pictures sure do look like they were taken at Salem NY, and that's a range where wind flags are a no brainer.

I fully agaree with getting some Wick's style flags from Ray. Nothing better for the money!

Dave

508-695-3373

Wind is like that in Texas quite a lot. Windflags facing in different directions. Not bad flags, just very tricky winds.

All you need to know is which way and how hard the wind is blowing. If you think you can get away with sometimes setting your flags a little high...here's a link:

http://www.benchrest.com/flags/

Ed Watson used this flag (actually a smaller version) to gain twenty eight Hall of Fame points by setting them visible in his scope. He hauled them by putting a rubber band around them and tossing them in the pile. I made about 200 of these flags for Ed to sell and just gave them to him. Ed did so much for me that I would have made anything he wanted me to make. I will say that if anyone decides to make these flags that you take an hour to make some "jigs" and then make about a thousand or so while you're at it. Pretty easy!

But...if you want to follow the rules :))), buy some flags that you like.

Fwiw, my flags come with a 100% SATISFACTION guarantee. ..and I've never yet had a customer take me up on it. Buy the best and cry once. My honest opinion is that two flags stand head and shoulders above all others...They are the Australian flags and of course mine. BTW, I've offered this warranty for I think 5 years now and have sold approximately 1000 of them. You'd think that someone would take me up on my warranty unless they were as good as I say. Competition isn't about buying what your buddy makes...It's about beating your buddy.

Back