Winchester 52 HELP!!

Gentlemen:

I have a friend with an old Model 52 that would like some information on it.

I could really use your help - I know several people on this forum are really great with the history on these rifles.

The serial number has no letters associated with it (386xx), it has a magazine and a "simple" single stage trigger mechanism (I was thinking they all had letters - a capitol A, B, C or D - but this one does not).

Thank you in advance for any help you might offer!

kev

Attachments

• 52.bmp
    435.6 KB · Views: 224
That is one of the early 52's made in 1935. It's one made just after the A came out. However, your rifle had the revisions (speedlock, different safety) that were applied to the A but it was not marked with an "A" in the serial number. "A" was added to serial in 1936. This rifle is in fact an "A" but it was not marked as such.

I've had several of these rifles and although they are "light" when used as a target rifle they are very good shooters and fun to shoot. They are almost a "sporter". This will be hard to accept but I've had some that would group to bench rest standards. Their only problem was the trigger and inability to "ride" the rest.

Off Topic

Kevin,

Dave Cloft and I missed you at the Nationals this year. He told me that you basically surrendered after the "traffic ticket" incident - or was it something else? :D

Back