Where can I find brass?

W

Waylan Kisor

I recently introduced my twelve year old grandson to reloading and am shocked by the unavailability of brass and bullets. He is loading 243 and 6 mm Rem for hunting. I have loaded for years, mostly benchrest rounds, PPC and BR, and have not purchased any brass or bullets, in the hunting genre, for several years. I have searched most of the sites I am familiar, aka Midway, Sinclair and others and all are out of stock.
I guess you could say I "have been under a rock", but this situation is both surprising and disturbing. I suppose our POTUS can't get any traction on gun control so he has cut off the supply of ammo and reloading components.

Try Powder Valley, it is hit and miss but sometimes you luck out.
They had Win. .243 brass yesterday. The 6MM are going to be one
of the last you see return.

Reform available brass.

You can use available 7mm Mauser (or 257 Robt)brass to form 244Rem or 243 Win. Try Cabelas.com....they had 7mm or at least would backorder. I recall that back in the"60s (my salad days) I used 30-06 Mil brass to form Wildcats such as 243 Rockchucker. It took a lot of patience and ingenuity but we did OK. These are sad times. If people stopped hoarding, problems would vanish .

Have fun,
Ted

He's The Culprit!

I suppose our POTUS can't get any traction on gun control so he has cut off the supply of ammo and reloading components.

If you Google "Potus Handloading Components Restrictions" you will find a memo Obama sent to the bullet, brass, powder and primer companies in 2009 ordering them to limit production.

Also, look on page 789, section 671 (c) of the Affordable Health Care Act (Obama Care). It clearly says that production of handloading components will be kept at no more than 40% of 2008 levels.

You think this administration's stance on gun control hasn't spurred hoarding? Actually, nevermind....after reading your posts why am I even trying to reason with a bomb-throwing troll.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

I recently introduced my twelve year old grandson to reloading and am shocked by the unavailability of brass and bullets. He is loading 243 and 6 mm Rem for hunting. I have loaded for years, mostly benchrest rounds, PPC and BR, and have not purchased any brass or bullets, in the hunting genre, for several years. I have searched most of the sites I am familiar, aka Midway, Sinclair and others and all are out of stock.
I guess you could say I "have been under a rock", but this situation is both surprising and disturbing. I suppose our POTUS can't get any traction on gun control so he has cut off the supply of ammo and reloading components.

Pm me I have 243 brass. I'd happy to send you some for your grandson

Midway has 100 pieces of New .243 Remington brass for $48.99 and Lapua 100 pieces for $96.99 right now.

Enjoy shooting and reloading with the Grandson

Russell

Back