Where can I compete

.22 ppc

I live in murfreesboro Tennessee and I'm looking for a place to competitively shoot short range benchrest but google has turned up little to nothing. I would prefer not to go out of state.

There will be a 100/200 yard Ultimate Benchrest score match at the Gallatin Gun Club on Saturday @ 9;00. If you are interested you can reach me by phone or text ( 615-405-8622) I'll give you details and answer you questions

Rick Fox
Gallatin Gun Club

Compete

There will be a 100/200 yard Ultimate Benchrest score match at the Gallatin Gun Club on Saturday @ 9;00. If you are interested you can reach me by phone or text ( 615-405-8622) I'll give you details and answer you questions

Rick Fox
Gallatin Gun Club

I made this call to Rick , ten thousand dollars later and what little sanity I had left are both gone And he still kicks my tail ;) It's a great sport with even better people in it. Troy

Well that is good for now, but I am aware that this is the last match at the gallatin gun club until they build a new range and I would like to compete in between now and then. Are there any other places in the state?

Well that is good for now, but I am aware that this is the last match at the gallatin gun club until they build a new range and I would like to compete in between now and then. Are there any other places in the state?

Here's a link to all the ranges that host NBRSA matches. At this time of year, benchrest season is pretty well winding down. So you may have a little trouble finding matches until the spring except for those hardy souls who shoot winter league in the NE or the snowbirds who shoot in Phoenix. I know it will be awhile before there are any Gulf Coast region matches. Club matches are a different story. That just depends upon the clubs. http://www.nbrsa.org/range_list

In most cases Americana.
You got to "PAY TO PLAY".
Want your 2A RIGHTS defended. Join the NRA.
Want to shoot Competition? Not so much...........
Most clubs post their schedules on the internet. And Most clubs are open to Non-Members during Competition. Yep!
That's right. You don't have to be some "Elite Club Member" to shoot there.

I was surprised a couple Saturdays ago. A few fellas, who I thought were members, axed me to stay over. To shoot some more. Why? They were not members.....Needed to open the gate.....
I had shoot with these guys for years....EH! WTF.

It goes both ways. We don't charge extra to shoot plates. And They help with set up and tear down....Nice Guys....

Up North. In Michigan. The DNR has a list of clubs. Every county in MI has a gun range. Check the DNR site.....

Last edited:

Our next match at WWCCA is Dec. 4th.
We have a range house to get warm.
VFS UP NORTH. We will only shoot, if it's +10° this year.
Last year at -16° it was hard on the actions. And my left foot.....

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I spoke with the OP yesterday afternoon. He lives about 40 miles from the Gallatin Gun Club TVA range. WE will be holding our last match on Saturday and I've invited him to join us and expect that he will. He is bringing his grandfather's benchrest rifle chambered in 22 PPC. I'm not sure he has enough ammo to shoot both yardages and based on our conversation I know the scope he's using won't be adequate for 200 yards, so I'll be bringing a Stiller Cobra chambered in 220 Beggs with a NF Competition 15x55 for him to shoot at 200 if he chooses. I look forward to having the opportunity to corrupt a 17 year old with the joys of benchrest shooting.

Rick

Rick,
That is great.
I tried the same with our Target crew guy....Let him borrow a rifle. He had a ton of fun and still did the target crew thing.
But, he went off to college. Wants to get into Wildlife Management.....

17 yrs old....That's great.

Back