Where buy Weatherby's?

Never thought Id see a day where I could point Mr Al to something he may never have heard of:

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_Viersco_Magnum.html

See picture near middle of page for comparison to .338 Lapua. The case is around 20gr more than Cheytac IIRC. Its been a while since I kept up with the Viersco Magnum but I want to say the brass is based on .585 Nyati but with a bit higher pressures in mind. This thing is beast of a round.

Ive never heard of that case being necked down to .338 though..... however obviously theres no reason you couldnt. Bear in mind that this would be like darn near a .338-416 Barrett. 170 or 180gr H2O capacity or so. Maybe by shortening in up some you could fit to exactly what you want.

Thanks jbhotrod. Unfortunately this is off my list like the Cheytac because of it's boutique status. I'm all done with proprietary and single-supplier stuff. I want off-the-shelf availability of components. This is the only reason I'm considering a Weatherby action.

Have you considered a Sharps of a Remington Rolling Block?
Centerfire

I've considered..... it is my considered opinion that a guy needs BOTH doors open......and 3-4 more.....:) I have 4 Sharp's and some really cool 50cal projects going.... My subsonic 50cal carries elk-killing energy to 600yds. It'll pick a deer off it's feet at 600. Shoot it at the lawn ans it opens a furrow like a car wreck.

2 things,

#1 I require honest repeatable 1/4moa accuracy, something I've not been able to achieve with rifles under 2600fps, and
#2, making energy with bullet weight makes RECOIL!!! I've got a 12" long brake on the sub50, 3 times as much impact area as is necessary for a BMG, and it's still kicking me mercilessly.

I despise recoil.

The newest Barnes 338 bullet is a wonderful balance of Ballistic Coefficient VS weight, easy to shoot, bughole accuracy and holds together on tough animals. I just need to be able to launch it hard enough to get solid pass-throughs on elk at yardage. Sticking a bullet in a bull is asking for trouble.

Barnes 280GR LRX, G1 BC .667. It just made all other small caliber bullets obsolete.

Back