what to do when your scope has no really zero stop

rsmithsr

gentlemen,, i have a valdada /IOR 10-60x-56 scope with a 40mm tube. these is a $4000 scope. it is VERY NICE AT 600 AND 1000 Yards. it has two draw backs.
one is a very coarse focus...they provide a 4" addon focus wheel to add some"fine" focus.
two is it has no physical/hard zero stop. IMHO this is a major draw back for people shooting both 600 and 1000 yd. not a big deal for short range going from 100-200...yes this scope is used in short range br inspite of its 3 pounds!,
back to lr, i actually took it off one of my lr rifles because it was so frustrating to switch back and forth between 600 and 1k. thinking( not easy) i looked at the scope and pondered. one scope maker used shims in the elevation turret to set a bottom zero...hummmm. look at this pic. just under the elevation marked ring you will see a silver ring...actually an aluminum "shim" to prevent the elev being turned below zero, i measured the gap at 100 yd zero , machined a "shim", and installed it under the marked ring.....BINGO ZERO STOP

Attachments

• P1010138.JPG
    P1010138.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back