What PPC Reamer specs?

Leeroy

Machinest / Gunsmith
G'day Gents

Ok so after quite a few years of procrastinating I've finally gotten my Armourers/Gunsmith License. Mostly chasing the long range BR work but will of course be doing short rang Br as well. I've been collecting reamrs over the last few years and have about a dozen in various cal's, but am after some advice on what the most popular specs for PPC reamer are? I need to order about 10 new reamers and have allowed for 2 in 6PPC..

So tell me guys if you only had two 6 PPC reamers what would the specs be? Ie neck dia, free bore, leed angle etc..

Cheers
Leeroy

Well, you could do what I did close to 20yrs ago. I called JGS and they said seat a bullet in a fireformed case and sent it to them. I did just that, only! I didn't know that they wanted the bullet seated as I would shoot it. What I got back was a reamer that required the base of the bullet to be seated much below the neck shoulder juncture.
My next couple were prepare properly.

You say you are ordering two , one should be around .267 or .268 neck as many people desire a no turn neck these days. And the other should be the ever popular .262 or .263 neck for people who like to turn necks. Freebore is a subject I don't recall off the top of my head.

JGS1045 body specs, .040 freebore, 1.5 leade, .262 & .268 necks. These both have to be neck turned. To have a no neck turn, you need at least a .271 nk.

Hovis

I think, for 100-200 yard Benchrest, I would call Dave Kiff and find out what Reamer Gene Bukys uses, and just get that........jackie

G'day Guys

Thank you all very much for replying.. I will get on the phone and have a chat with Dave Kiff in the coming week..

Cheers
Leeroy

Back